I'm Tom Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post  Grinch on Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:04 pm

Hi, I'm the green grumpy dude!

Back to top Go down

Post  WNx3fed on Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:23 pm

hhhmmm i feel i should put more :O ive only been playing bass for 4 weeks now ;D other instruments i can play are; a trombone and a euphonium.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius on Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:11 pm

My name is Kris, and I play bass, write books and nap a lot.

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Redstarking on Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:34 pm

Wasup I am Matt, I have played Bass for at least a few months if I remember correctly. I play percussion in my school band and I love Star Wars Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  ffox1994 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:49 pm

Hi, Im Freddie ive been playin bass for just over a month. i play piano (not very well) and im sort of learnin drums and guitar but Bass is my main focus. I play ALOT of PS3.

Thats Me. king

Back to top Go down

Post  yogatron on Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:59 pm

Hi

I'm Craig got my first bass about 4 months ago no other real musical background or knowledge of the instrument, found dman on youtube and he's been my inspiration and mentor (without knowing it lol! ) I'm still rubbish but enjoing learning Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  LukeGingerKennett on Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:11 pm

Hi, i'm Luke. I've played bass for nearly a year now and i've played guitar for about four years.

Back to top Go down

Post  Grinch on Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:14 pm

Hi! I've been playing for about 18 months. I started after I got busted for trying to steal Christmas.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy on Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:16 pm

Hey i'm Tom,
Started playing bass about 3 months ago, only casually playing so far so i'm not that good Smile
When i get my new amp i'll be playing more...

Can't play any other instruments, music was never really in the family.
My dad did try and learn guitar for like 2 weeks many years ago, so of course he thinks he knows more than me Razz

That's me in a nutshell king

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:24 pm

Hiya! I'm Max, I'm 15, and I've been playing bass since December 2008 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  david2545 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:55 pm

i'm David and i have been playing bass for a 2 months now and im also an alcoholic ha

Back to top Go down

Post  Frettless on Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:13 pm

Hi
I am Eric.
After 15 years i have picked up my good oll' frettless again and made an ultimate stupid move.... . Suspect i have a gig whit in two weeks affraid and no time to pick up 25 songs of bass lines lol!
And on top of that, a stupid ass of an English Bull Mastiff did put me on his menu this weekend, and chewed on my right arm scratch right now i have one stitch less than strings on my bass Laughing
S!

Last edited by Frettless on Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  simon 'sloweye' on Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:16 pm

Hi guys, I'm Si. I'm a Guitarist (please don't chuck stuff at me), took up bass as well so i can record my own stuff. Mainly just root note stuff but thought it was high time i learned abit more. I've known Kris for many years and he pointed me toward the forum.
Good to meet you all. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  SPANISHDAVEBASS on Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:27 pm

Hi, I'm Dave, I started playing bass 12 years ago, drifted away and have now fallen back in love

Back to top Go down

Post  Malastare on Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:34 pm

I'm Matt. I've had a bass for three years (my first one was so bad!) but only really started getting in the serious time in the last six months. I've played a variety of musical instruments (seven or so) for about twelve years.

Back to top Go down

Post  keizer on Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:05 pm

Hi all. I'm Noel. I have been playing for 2 months now I am TOTALY ADDICTED and just love my bass!

Back to top Go down

Post  cr33p on Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:38 am

I'm Devan:) i've been playing for about a year or so, 15 years old. and TOOL is a major inspiration for me, the bass lines are all so much fun to play! mm just the thought of playing schism brings a smile to my face, and MUSE as well. hysteria+ Supermassiveblackhole +newborn really great songs with amazing bass lines,
and i found d-man in my dreams, i swear he may not admit it, but he came to my dreams one night and told me to search "how to slap bass" on youtube, and since then ive been learing from him
still need alot of help with slaping, i cant get it ! need way more practice! Smile bom

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuck81 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:56 am

I'm Nuck.

A band director/music teacher by trade, I can play a lot of wind instruments, have been a musician for over 15 years and classically trained. Been playing acoustic guitar for about four years and bass for two. The other night in a drunken stupor I tripped over my lead that was plugged into the amp and mucked it up so am in the market for a new lead. lol

I love Golf play it constantly, and play a lot of PS3 in my spare time.

Oh and I like to cook. and have a smoking hot GF that is way out of my league. Why she is with me I don't know.

Back to top Go down

Post  jbizz on Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:08 am

I'm John, played for a while about 15 yrs ago, strayed away, and now back in it!

With a passion!

Favorite bands are

Karnivool, The Butterfly Effect, RA, Moving Atlas, Dawn Over Zero

Back to top Go down

Post  xXMaliceXx on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:14 am

G'Day Every body, I'm Matt, I'm 15 (16 in May!).
I'm from down under. I've played bass for a year, I play for my school, I found Dman during the semester break (trying too keep up learning and that). Thanks to his slap and pop vids, i was able to play Can't Stop - RHCP (succssesfully) a couple of weeks ago.
Other instruments I play are Guitar ( If anyone says anything about a digeridoo, ill sick my kangaroo on you!( lol! ) ).

Back to top Go down

Post  Grinch on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:55 am

last month I nearly bought a digeridoo!

Back to top Go down

Post  Smaz on Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:38 am

Howdy, Smaz here!

I've been playing bass on & off for 6 years or so - only taken it seriously/actively practicing for about 2 years now, after playing for 2 then giving up for 2. Currently strumming a Fender 08 American P-Bass - those things are awesome. Also have a Fender Mexican J-Bass, an Epiphone Thunderbird & A Stagg BC130 or something - got that off my mate for £60 as his brother didn't play it anymore - bargain! Smile I've got an Ashdown EB 180w 15" combo, but rarely use it - no need in just my bedroom Sad along with a Boss ME-50B pedal.

The reason I stopped playing bass, & my subsequent 'tip' to all bass players - I bought my Thunderbird online after the electronics in my Stagg messed up & thought they looked cool. When it turned up it was great, but eventually I started getting really bad fret buzz, the neck dive was horrible, the sound wasn't very clear, and the strings felt horrible (I've even tried a couple of sets on it, ones that I loved on my J-Bass). Had I gone into the shop & played it, I doubt I'd have walked away with one, and may well have played bass without the long gap. A lesson learnt... I will ALWAYS go in & try out gear in my local music shop & purchase it, so I can make sure it's right for me. I did so with my J & P basses, and love them both... Smile

Anyway, I'm 21, live in the south of England & work for my family cleaning company & in my local pub a couple of nights a week. Love PC games & all things Sony. I love chatting bass & whatnot, so anyone with MSN feel free to add me - wetbo_$@$hotmail.com - just remove the $ signs Wink I'm also a 'janitor/forum mod' over at http://playbassnow.com - another site worth checking out for licks etc. to learn Smile

Off to learn some of the lessons... Smile

Smaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanie on Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:53 am

Yo im Scott / Kanie
Iv played bass for 3-4 years now self taught so im a sloppy player. still enjoy learning new things
I also play piano and harmonica like a cool kid Cool
Errr, i support liverpool fc...
Fav. Bass line: Express yourself by N.W.A (when i improvise around it)
Or, Hero of the day By Metallica.
Fav. thing to play on piano: Easy by lionel richie

So. Thats bout it really. Just drop a line if you wanna chat.
Much love and peace x

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 36 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top