Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduce yourself!

+140
sean_fatsting
mrmouldybread
Drave
Lil Misfit
Defective
leftybassgirl
jonny121
Accipiter
Dead Goon
brumbass
Grungie
violinbass
Stevie Jim
Taken by the Light
Anvil3103
coolfir3pwnz
brentfordsmith
Jessalyn
Ronald
Supermatz
Impulse101
ziman
dragpyre
MetalJacob
MeLovesDomoKun
Fife
Sagar
Davo 112233
DavidM96
JackB12
Grimelex
SgtCandy
Rushfan30
Alex31
turboscrew
Bossalinie
aL
Bass Mon
KrysH
BrentS
spacedraptor
lololiet
mazathemonster
Knackebrod
de_fender
Hutch
BassistMcKay
FranR
Beastmanh
Samael77
Basingah
DubHertz
akyra
Nocturnal_Pulse
uglymutt
f8tlbyte
deaksplodge
Armo
Lufic
Stryfer
amberavenged
willba
The Fool Guy
Some freaky guy
Blackdragon
Pippynip
KarnivorBass
ThreeLetterSyndrom
maxf13
boner
reuben
brendanofborg
BlackF89
ezekiel
androssie
blazed0wayz
Gonçalo
Lassepetri
Guzco
Stephen
kakariko-tramp
Bibobob
Dr.punk
Spoon
Freeze
Virgo
mistawac
danthewelshy
Dylan hergs
Terminal Funk
Heywood317
manny188
Kiki
Dropthelines585
HBMDave
Assad
Garth
quack
PSYCHOxBOB
bikerbrianpunk
Jerrad
Dr.Sterni
bassblood
boweddissonance
Tobias
Timmyd045
Dizzae
Drakon7
ArniVidar
bryedw22
Cliff em' all
Vortex
mts
Flycutter
Pastichio
stefk0
general lee
Igastopheles
Kanie
Smaz
xXMaliceXx
jbizz
Nuck81
cr33p
keizer
Malastare
SPANISHDAVEBASS
simon 'sloweye'
Frettless
david2545
SuperMaximo93
Fuzzy
LukeGingerKennett
yogatron
ffox1994
Redstarking
Dmanlamius
Grinch
WNx3fed
Admin
144 posters

Page 3 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next

Go down

Introduce yourself! - Page 3 Empty Re: Introduce yourself!

Post  Timmyd045 Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:11 am

Well, Hi. I guess I'm the newbie.

My name's Tim, as you could guess. I've been playing bass for about 9 months now, and I have a youtube channel-it's the same as my username on this site.

Well, that's about it.
Timmyd045
Timmyd045

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:45 am

Welcome Tim, Good to know Im not the only Tim in the world =D

I think Ive seen some of your youtube videos before, Did you slap/pop Killing In The Name Of?

Whoever that was, I liked it XD

I shall search youtube later and see if it was you, it was definitely a Timmy though =]
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  Timmyd045 Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:53 am

I did a cover of Killing in the name, but I didn't slap the whole thing. I slapped the first chorus (kinda on accident).

Anyway, thanks if you did watch one of my videos. I love views. it makes me feel like I'm good cheers

And it's good to meet a Tim. It seems like Tim's a dwindling name
Timmyd045
Timmyd045

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:59 am

We're going into extinction, just like Panda's.

Yet, theres alot of panda love, and not enough Tim love

Never before have people come to the zoo to see me Sad
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:20 am

theres a lot of sexual harrassment panda love...
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:37 am

Thats why the pandas are so rich.

All the law suits against zookeepers.

I had planned to say something else, but I wasnt sure if this was going to be a forum i was gunna get blasted at for making a Steve Irwin joke.
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobias Sun May 03, 2009 11:15 am

Hello, I'm Rob. I played bass for about six months. Then life happened, but now I want to get back into it!

Tobias

Back to top Go down

Post  boweddissonance Tue May 05, 2009 12:04 pm

Hey all, I'm Johnny. I've been playing bass for about 1.5-2 years, but haven't had time to play for months because of my last semester in college. I've been toying with some project ideas (some all bass ones in particular), and will be posting info on them/recruiting for them here as soon as I get the time to do something other than write papers. Smile
boweddissonance
boweddissonance

Back to top Go down

Post  bassblood Sat May 09, 2009 5:52 am

Hi everyone,

I'm Adam and I've been playing Bass for about 5 years now, and I still feel like I have so much to learn its overwhelming at times! I'm 22 years old and I live in Pittsburgh, PA, USA and I'm a graduate student of business (AKA tool in the making).

I can't say i have a real defined style, I took lessons in high school and they were mostly on classic Rock (The Who, Golden Earring, Floyd etc) and Blues. I also listen to a lot of hard rock and punk music so I've got some of that thrown in there via Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, The Offspring, Disturbed etc. I play everything from thrash metal licks to mellow jazz/blues stuff.

Equipment:

4 string Johnson Jazz Bass (starter bass, its 5 years old but it still plays decently)
4 string Cort Action 4
5 string Schecter stiletto Diamond elite (my baby)

25W Johnson practice Amp
RIP Ampeg 100Watt BA115 (don't ever buy crate or Ampeg bass amps, they're junk)
Vintage Checkmate 25 Tube amp (currently working on replacing old capacitors, i have a degree in electronics) Still sounds amazing, I'm just worried about it starting a fire because of how old the capacitors are in this thing. Hope to have this monster back up and running by the beginning of summer.

I'm very interested in taking my bass playing above and beyond the typical Rhythm. There are so many amazing bass players (Dman included) that can make a bass stand on its own and I've always strived to be one of them. My first influence on bass was the late Cliff Burton because he always wanted his bass to be the lead or at the very least be prominent throughout the songs. I also love Stu Hamm because he makes the bass do things I didn't think were possible and of course the legend Steve Harris of Iron Maiden. I respect anyone who plays bass well and doesn't just write it off as a beat keeping instrument.

I look forward to learning some new techniques around here!

bassblood

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself! - Page 3 Empty Hello everybody!

Post  Dr.Sterni Tue May 12, 2009 10:34 pm

Hi you guys and girls out there Very Happy

I'm Sterni (or simply "Doc") from Germany. I am a complete bass-noob (playing for about three weeks now) but I am enjoying it like nothing else^^

Music in general is not really new to me, as I've been a pipeband-drummer for more than 20 years and also a mixing- and mastering-engineer for about 10 years or so...

I really needed something new and always wanted to play bass. Dreams are there to be changed into reality, right? That's why I was happy to remember this "old wish" of mine and started playing.

I got to know about this site and Dman from YouTube and really, really like your concept!

That's why I'm here now^^

Enjoy and CU soon...

Doc.
Dr.Sterni
Dr.Sterni

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 12, 2009 11:00 pm

Welcome to all the new bass players!

I hope you feel at home with this cool little community we have created here...

Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Wed May 13, 2009 11:26 am

I hope we get some famous players out of this little community. And that they always refer to us when theyre famous =D
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerrad Fri May 15, 2009 10:22 am

Hi all, I am Geza. I had been learning bass for a year or so in Europe, than I moved to here down under. I could read music and play some, but I forgot the most I think. I've just ordered my new bass a week ago and waiting for it! cheers I just simple miss that sound! I love you

Jerrad

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy Fri May 15, 2009 10:57 am

more aussies! cheers
we're taking over.. by farce! geek
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself! - Page 3 Empty introduce yourself

Post  bikerbrianpunk Fri May 15, 2009 9:38 pm

hi all, im bri, used to sing in punk band years ago but dropped out of scene for awhile. 2 years ago i was invited to sing with new band, interest in music rekindled after few gigs, but fancied a change so took up bass and formed new band. still a beginner but love being onstage. we do punk version of stand by me after learning off dmans lesson (tweaked it a bit) love the site. clown

bikerbrianpunk

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 15, 2009 9:43 pm

bikerbrianpunk wrote:hi all, im bri, used to sing in punk band years ago but dropped out of scene for awhile. 2 years ago i was invited to sing with new band, interest in music rekindled after few gigs, but fancied a change so took up bass and formed new band. still a beginner but love being onstage. we do punk version of stand by me after learning off dmans lesson (tweaked it a bit) love the site. clown

Welcome to the site, Bri!

And I would LOVE to hear that version!

Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PSYCHOxBOB Sat May 16, 2009 1:04 am

Sup most people just call me psycho... i dunno why. Anyways I just bought my own bass yesterday. I also play ANYTHING percussion. Including marching percussion. Especially quads.
PSYCHOxBOB
PSYCHOxBOB

Back to top Go down

Post  quack Sat May 16, 2009 7:01 am

Hey all I'm TheLampMan but when I signed up for this site it never sent me an email so I had to send it to a new email and make a new username, you should fix it Dman. I've been playing for about 7 months and I'm pretty decent, I've had a few Gigs but I'm not that smart when it comes to gear and theory I kind of just wing it. Razz haha so yeah that's me. Very Happy

Peace, TheLampMan
quack
quack

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Sat May 16, 2009 8:26 am

Hey to all the new guys Very Happy You'll enjoy it here Smile
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Garth Sat May 16, 2009 4:43 pm

Hey! My name is Chris, but feel free to call me Garth (nickname because I look like Garth Algar from Wayne's World) Very Happy (Hopefully I'll find the camera and get a picture up of myself)

I've played bass for many years in my school band/class. But sadly that put me off with all the theory and simple songs, I couldn't express myself at all. With the recent semester, I took music once again in highschool and became quite motivated with playing the bass. So many more creative songs, really feel much better playing the bass now. With the new motivation, I started practicing tabs from my favorite genres (which is very broad). With only playing with my thumb from class, I was in dire need of more tools to add to my play style. After chatting with a buddy of mine, he pointed me into the direction of Dman's Slap and Pop lessons and I was so inspired by Kris' teaching style and love for bass, that I watched all the other videos and found a lot more than I was intending to find!

Once I heard of the forums, I had to become a part of the community and from what I've read so far, there really is a great bunch of people here.

Love what's going on here and glad to join in. Smile
Garth
Garth

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 16, 2009 4:50 pm

Heya, Garth and Lampman...and welcome! Very Happy

quack wrote:Hey all I'm TheLampMan but when I signed up for this site it never sent me an email so I had to send it to a new email and make a new username, you should fix it Dman. I've been playing for about 7 months and I'm pretty decent, I've had a few Gigs but I'm not that smart when it comes to gear and theory I kind of just wing it. Razz haha so yeah that's me. Very Happy

Peace, TheLampMan

I think I know why this is, and am sorting it as we speak....

Anyone else have similar problems?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Assad Mon May 18, 2009 11:32 pm

hey i'm assad. 2-4 weeks of bass and 3 years of guitar (my guitar is broken the head is snaped off, long story) but yeah, thats me.

i'm interested in electric bass/arabic maqam fusion stuff, theyres basically nothing on it so if i do get some good stuff together hopefully i could share it with alot of people.

Assad

Back to top Go down

Post  HBMDave Fri May 29, 2009 10:58 am

Hi all, just noticed the intro thread, so here goes.

My name is Dave oddly, aka Dodo, I have been playing Bass for a very long time, probably 30 odd years now, I have a style of play which I am now fairly well stuck with which I would describe as bluesy/ melodic, My bass is a 68 fender P which has flatwound strings and a very low action, it's a lovely instrument although it looks a bit battered these days. I use a peavey mk8 head through a Marshall 4x12 bass series angled cab, the whole thing chucks out a very warm and round sound.

I have known Kris since he was knee high to a grasshopper, and he is extremely familiar with my bass setup as it was used for many of the Hot Buttered Muffin recordings which were done in my studio (aka as the shed). Thats me playing bass on some of the songs listed in Kris's my music section.

if I can contribute in any way I will do my best, I have a good working knowledge of all things Cubase, Wavelab and soundforge, so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Other interests are skateboarding (been doing this since it was invented lol), and online gaming with my PC

Peace and bunnyrabbits to all.

Dave
HBMDave
HBMDave

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:45 pm

I'm Sam. I'm a yankee. I've been playing for 12 years. Let's all be buds.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:37 pm

Hi Sam, We're all buds here =D

We're getting some pretty experienced people here. Thats pretty mad. They can help us begginners XD

/dance

afro
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum