Free Bass guitar lessons

Introduce yourself!

Page 36 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36

Go down

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post  Pippynip on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:09 pm

SO I SEE.

An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced.
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidM96 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:43 am

I feel left out.... Nice haiku by the way, its catchy.
DavidM96
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mrmouldybread on Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:09 am

I'm Tom, Been playing for a year now. Bit of a geek. And I live in Scotland.

Back to top Go down

Post  lololiet on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:06 pm

Welcome!

I didn't know Scotland had geeks, just alcoholics I always thought.
lololiet
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sean_fatsting on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:01 pm

Hi I am Sean. I have been learning bass since October but have just started taking lessons. I'm currently struggling with getting the timing right, any tips? What a Face

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:13 pm

Hey Sean, welcome to the bass world. Only tip I can give you is practice, practice, practice. Use a metronome...hmmm... Yea, there's this weird thing you can do while walking. Everyone walks in a rhythm, so you can run various grooves in your head, or even songs, while keeping them in rhythm with your walking. Thinks of your steps like a metronome. Just be careful not to do it out loud because people will look at you in a very strange way Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeLetterSyndrom on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:18 pm

Do it out loud if you wish. I do. Razz

ThreeLetterSyndrom
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sean_fatsting on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:15 pm

Thanks that sounds good to me. I think I have been doing that walking in time with the music thing all the time anyway Very Happy
I also found an old metronome in a charity shop so im already ahead of the curve What a Face

Back to top Go down

Hello thought I would say hello

Post  djw_1972 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:57 am

Well after many years of moaning to my wife about wishing I had learnt to play bass (but never got round to it) I can home last week to find my early 40th birthday present. Bass amp the full kit, a card attachted saying "stop moaning and get on with it"

So as I am a complete noob go easy on me, I have been messing around trying a few things, come together, the chain ect via youtube videos now I have found this forum and website so any tips are greatfully... well you get it.

I am try to get at least 1 hour of practice a day wish I could get more but with work and teenage daughters to contend with its hard to get more practice, what would you recomend I tried learning first.

your David

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeLetterSyndrom on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:30 am

Welcome to the forums! You get more practice than I do and I can play the bass fine, so you'll be good. Wink

ThreeLetterSyndrom
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:53 am

Hey man! Best thing I can suggest for starting out is the major and minor scale, then a few of dman's simple beginner riffs to get your hands nicely adjusted to the bass.
Also, do everything with a drum beat or metronome to start feeling the groove.

Once moving around across the neck feels comfortable (i.e. you stop feeling strain in your fretting hand), move on to other things Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  MetalJacob on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:38 pm

Welcome! Very Happy

Stryfer was right on with everything. I would like to emphasize the metronome/drum beat thing. If you don't have timing, you have nothing.

Back to top Go down

Ello people

Post  self-proclaimed1 on Sun May 06, 2012 2:54 am

Hey. My name's Cassidy. Feel free to call we whatever you want (as long as it isn't inappropriate and is somewhat close to my name). I had a bass for almost a year now and I decided I should probably learn to play haha

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip on Sun May 06, 2012 9:12 pm

Welcome, welcome! Please do ask any questions about our noble hobby/profession you want answered. Someone'll have an answer for you. Very Happy

How did you acquire your bass? I'd never understood why some people got instruments and didn't learn how to play them until I bought an ukulele and went "nah bugger that". Wasn't until a year later that I actually bothered to try to learn how to play it Very Happy

Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AndreTheBass on Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:03 pm

Hey my bassplaying friends,

i have been gone for sometime and i see that the forum is a bit quite, so with me back that problem would be gone Smile
my old acount is androssie, but my email got hacked and i forgot my password, No problemo tho i like my new name
so what is there to tell about me, not much.
i got 4 bass guitars: Squier Jazz bass, Mtd 5stringer, Flea Bass and my new love my sterling SUB.
i m 19, i love rock music, i have played in a band, and i think thats it.

well i hope theere are still some people online on this forum

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer on Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:50 pm

*looks at Andre's list of basses*
Dude...I am so hating you right now XD

Back to top Go down

Post  MetalJacob on Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:15 pm

The MTD 5 string is what reminded me who you are. Welcome back, friend! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip on Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:59 pm

Yes, 'tis quiet round here. Most unfortunate. It's like we all got lives or something Razz

Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MetalJacob on Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:52 am

Honestly, I think several of us check this forum everyday (possibly multiple times) but just don't post anything.

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeMongo on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:19 pm

Hey all,

Having never, ever played a guitar before in my life, I decided at the age of 40 to learn to play the bass. I played clarinet & sax as a kid, but that was over 25 years ago. I am basically starting from scratch.

I picked up a Squier Affinity J-Bass starter pack about 4-5 weeks ago. I figure in a year or so if I don't suck, I'll actually upgrade to a better axe. I've gone to some lessons with an instructor and they've been ok. I haven't really been taught any of the basics yet though like, chords, arpeggios, reading sheet music, etc. He's a good guy, but I think I need to walk before I run.

Thanks for having such a great resource!

Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36