Free Bass guitar lessons

Pink Floyd - Money

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pink Floyd - Money

Post  Macneil1 on Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:12 pm

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to bass playing. I picked it up last week some time and have played a good 5-6hrs every day, with the help of Dmans tutorials. I'm just starting to get into the theory properly. Up until now I've just been learning some different songs of different styles to get my technique down.

But anyway, my question is, what would be the best fingering for this song? Heres the tab Im using;

http://www.bassmasta.net/p/pink_floyd/166178.html

The notes sound pretty much spot on with the song. I'm just wondering if there are a couple chords in there and that's why I'm having trouble with the fingering?

Thank you!
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Re: Pink Floyd - Money

Post  lololiet on Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:53 pm

I dont think there is a special kind of fingering required, I used the same tab(love the Pink Floyd) & at first I couldn't really get the notes right, played the verse too staccato. but that problem sort of disappeared after i played it more, it's just a riff that needs time(Very Happy) even though it isn't too complicated. I think
lololiet
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackdragon on Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:55 pm

you just need to play however you feel suits you, there is never a special way to play, as long as you get the sound your looking for.
i would bar the strings a bit during this song tho, like when you play the 4th fret on the G and then move up to the D.
If you don't know what i mean, i'd just hold my finger that i'm fretting with over both strings the whole time instead of moving up a string on the same fret. <-don't know if its how it 'should' be done, but it feels better for me.

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeLetterSyndrom on Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:36 pm

http://www.guitarnoise.com/lesson/money-for-beginning-bass-guitar/

This ought to help you out. It's got the theory, the fingering, all of it.

ThreeLetterSyndrom
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  brk32 on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:28 am

what he means is sorta playing it like a cord

put your pointer finger on the second fret of the A string and place your ring finger across the 4th frets on the D and G strings... now just play the second fret of the A string and then in a slightly faster pace play the 4th fret of the G string followed by the 4th fret of the D string.

Hope this helps!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top