Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

difference between slinkys and super slinkys

3 posters

Go down

difference between slinkys and super slinkys Empty difference between slinkys and super slinkys

Post  zsquad Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:16 am

ok so i am going to replace the strings on my 5 string, and i was going to get some super slinkys cuz dman recommends them and the strings i currently have are really loose. however, my local guitar center sells 5 string sets of regular slinkys but not super slinkys. if i want super slinkys, ill have to buy them online. it would be nice for the future if i didn't have to buy my strings online, but if super slinkys are truly better then ill get those. so what is the difference between super and regular slinkys?

zsquad

Back to top Go down

difference between slinkys and super slinkys Empty Re: difference between slinkys and super slinkys

Post  Dropthelines585 Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:00 am

Super Slinkys-Light
Regular Slinkys-Medium
Hybrid Slinkys-Light highs medium lows
Power Slinkys-Heavy.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

difference between slinkys and super slinkys Empty Re: difference between slinkys and super slinkys

Post  KrysH Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:59 am

Dropthelines585 wrote:Super Slinkys-Light
Regular Slinkys-Medium
Hybrid Slinkys-Light highs medium lows
Power Slinkys-Heavy.

So going by that, Regulars or Hybrids would be better for a 5 string or Power Slinkys if it's a short scale?

Handy to know for when I get one.
KrysH
KrysH

Back to top Go down

Post  zsquad Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:03 pm

Thanks droptheline
and krysh I don't think they make 5 string hybrid sets. I'm gonna get regulars cuz mine isn't short scale

zsquad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down