Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Product Review:GHS Fast Fret String Cleaner

+4
KrysH
Smaz
akyra
Dropthelines585
8 posters

Go down

Product Review:GHS Fast Fret String Cleaner Empty Product Review:GHS Fast Fret String Cleaner

Post  Dropthelines585 Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:04 am

Forget all this talk about boiling strings and soaking them in alcohol. This stuff is what you need. I was at practice last week, and there were two of these little units sitting on our table. So I figured I'd give it a shot. You just wipe it across all your strings a few times, and voila, you're strings are practically new again. My strings are about eight or nine months old, and they sound like they're only eight or nine days old. I highly recommend this stuff. It's awesome. Definitely worth Five bucks.

Product Review:GHS Fast Fret String Cleaner Fast%20fret

I'm serious.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Product Review:GHS Fast Fret String Cleaner Empty Re: Product Review:GHS Fast Fret String Cleaner

Post  akyra Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:25 am

Interesting... DO they cost alot?

O and talking bout trying stuff... did you eever order buckfast?
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Product Review:GHS Fast Fret String Cleaner Empty Re: Product Review:GHS Fast Fret String Cleaner

Post  Dropthelines585 Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:22 pm

It's $4.99 USD. And not yet. I'm still too poor to afford any extras.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Smaz Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:41 pm

I have some of that Smile It's pretty good stuff! It does make the strings sound like brand new again, and I'd recommend it.

The only thing I don't like, is that it does leave the strings quite oily - however I think that is intentional, to help your fingers move quicker around the fretboard (hence the name). But it's definatley worth it, for anyone that can't afford new strings regularly.

Give it a try, if you can!
Smaz
Smaz

Back to top Go down

Post  KrysH Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:45 am

I've always had a pack lying around - it's very good at cleaning all the gunk of your strings at the end of a playing session, and with me playing mainly acoustic guitar in the past it's important to keep those strings nice and clean and polished.

The stuff helps to keep your fretboard conditioned too and I've always used it as a replacement for lemon (or teak) oil in between string changes to clean and polish the fretboard and frets.

Not sure if it's on the packaging or whether I've read it somewhere else that you should use it before playing too but I always thought it left my fingertips feeling sticky and not very fast at all if I used it just before playing so I'd maybe steer clear of that method.

It has my thumbs up anyway - once you've used it a couple of times and all the black gunk appears on that little cloth you get with it you'll appreciate the good it's doing.
KrysH
KrysH

Back to top Go down

Post  DubHertz Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:50 am

I play reggae therefore it is against the law to clean or change strings. lol!

But on another note I do use dunlop lemon oil to clean preserve my fretboard - its good stuff
DubHertz
DubHertz

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackF89 Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:55 pm

DubHertz wrote:I play reggae therefore it is against the law to clean or change strings. lol!

But on another note I do use dunlop lemon oil to clean preserve my fretboard - its good stuff

I use this stuff too, works a treat
BlackF89
BlackF89

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackdragon Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:10 pm

I do a bit of maintenance once a month, I have products by Planet Waves(D'Addario)
http://store.daddario.com/category/146520?language_id=1
I have the string cleaner and the spray shine.
They sell lemon oil too...
Blackdragon
Blackdragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:17 am

DtL I love that stuff. Do they sell it online too? I live in Europe so ...
Nocturnal_Pulse
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:40 am

Yeah, it's probably pretty common on the internet music shops.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:41 am

Dropthelines585 wrote:Yeah, it's probably pretty common on the internet music shops.

Goodie!

Thank you for sharing!!
Nocturnal_Pulse
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:43 am

no prob.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down