Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adam Lambert Bass tabs

+7
BlackF89
Blackdragon
maxf13
lololiet
akyra
Dropthelines585
de_fender
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Adam Lambert Bass tabs - Page 2 Empty Re: Adam Lambert Bass tabs

Post  Pippynip Mon May 10, 2010 8:07 pm

That's fair enough.

My 'stance' on all of this is pretty much 'do what you like but don't expect me to join in'.
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackdragon Tue May 11, 2010 12:10 am

I'd look at any job as an opportunity, you never know if the right person will hear your work.
Just think of it this way, you might be expected to walk into the job and play root notes, but if you play something better why wouldn't they pay you the exact same to play what sounds better and you never know what could come out of something like that.
If by some chance the right guy is in the right place at the right time, he hears and likes your sound well enough that he finds you, you've left a good mark.
Plus the idea of making money while you get your sound out there isn't bad either. It's a matter of the means justifying the end.
Blackdragon
Blackdragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Tue May 11, 2010 12:44 am

This turned into a fantastic discussion

Who'da thunk it?
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Tue May 11, 2010 4:17 pm

Dropthelines585 wrote:But I started playing music because of the passion I have for it. I'm not going to bring down a session player for trying to make a living. I just won't stray from my creative obligations, nor will I help corporate mega-labels make an extra million from the naivety and shallowness of the average listener of this type of music. I am a man of principle, and as an American, it's been ingrained into me to stick to that. I knew I was in for a long stretch of living out of my car an eating bologna sandwiches when I started. Even though it hasn't really turned out that way, I was fully willing to accept that lifestyle for the love I have for making good music.

I completely understand where you are coming from. I got into playing music for the exact same reasons, I'm just saying that if the opportunity came up to make some serious money for doing work with some pop group I'd find it hard to say no. I'm also a qualified sound engineer who finds it very hard to find work, I've recorded demos for people whose music I would not rate at all, but I got paid and thats what counts. If I had the opportunity to produce or work for a producer on a pop act I'd more than likely take the job as I got into this game as a career. Plus the corporate mega-labels, as evil as they may be, they have their place. If it wasn't for the big money made from commercial acts more serious acts may never get picked up. Granted you could argue that if it wasn't for the pop crap the more serious acts might have a bigger audience but in reality most people are idiots and would rather listen to crap than something descent.

Ah how I have missed these debates in this forum.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Tue May 11, 2010 7:05 pm

I couldn't do it, but if I put myself in the situation the outcome could be different. I would feel guilty for the rest of my life, but if they paid me a boatload of money, I would find it difficult to turn down. In the end, I don't think I could live with being part of another piece of garbage released into the world.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Wed May 12, 2010 7:37 pm

Dropthelines585 wrote:In the end, I don't think I could live with being part of another piece of garbage released into the world.

That is exactly the reason I like being a socially awkward nerdy guy. I'd much rather be sitting down for hours playing Bad Company 2 than trying to make a contribution to the world that really isn't needed and shouldn't be wanted.

edit: I've just realised that last bit could be misinterpreted as being directed at you... believe me it isn't, it's directed at all them Britney Spears types Smile
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2