Free Bass guitar lessons

Tab Section Maybe?

Go down

Tab Section Maybe?

Post  Rushfan30 on Tue May 11, 2010 4:23 pm

What do you guys think of a tab section? That way people can post tabs they like, and people can request for tabs there too. That is if Dman can make more sections... I really have no idea how making a forum/website works Sad

Back to top Go down

Re: Tab Section Maybe?

Post  lololiet on Tue May 11, 2010 4:28 pm

That's a nice Idea, like another subsection in Learn To Play, cause now there are tabs & requests for tabs & other tab related topics all over the forum, I think, Though I'm thoroughly convinced every decision should be made by a woman, so my opinion doesn't count
lololiet
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rushfan30 on Tue May 11, 2010 4:29 pm

lololiet wrote: Though I'm thoroughly convinced every decision should be made by a woman, so my opinion doesn't count
lol!
Yeah, I was also noticing all the tab requests all over the place. That is what made me think we needed one.

Back to top Go down

Post  Some freaky guy on Tue May 11, 2010 4:35 pm

lololiet wrote:That's a nice Idea, like another subsection in Learn To Play, cause now there are tabs & requests for tabs & other tab related topics all over the forum, I think, Though I'm thoroughly convinced every decision should be made by a woman, so my opinion doesn't count

That's exactly why your opinion DOES count!
Some freaky guy
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lololiet on Tue May 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Some freaky guy wrote:
lololiet wrote:That's a nice Idea, like another subsection in Learn To Play, cause now there are tabs & requests for tabs & other tab related topics all over the forum, I think, Though I'm thoroughly convinced every decision should be made by a woman, so my opinion doesn't count

Are you calling me a girl?
lololiet
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Some freaky guy on Tue May 11, 2010 4:42 pm

lololiet wrote:
Some freaky guy wrote:

Yes. Are you saying it is a bad thing to be a girl?
Some freaky guy
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lololiet on Tue May 11, 2010 5:09 pm

Some freaky guy wrote:
lololiet wrote:
Some freaky guy wrote:

I'm saying that for a girl it's quite a bad thing to be me
lololiet
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  turboscrew on Wed May 12, 2010 4:31 am

lololiet wrote:
Some freaky guy wrote:
lololiet wrote:
Some freaky guy wrote:

I'm saying that for a girl it's quite a bad thing to be me

For me it's bad thing to be me. Still haven't got accustomed to be me, and I've practiced 47 years Shocked .

Anyway, a tab section would be good idea.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 on Wed May 12, 2010 4:36 am

The forum is kinda getting littered with tab requests. I think this idea is tops.
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra on Wed May 12, 2010 6:30 am

Yeah that would be good Smile

Decision has been made by a girl

Back to top Go down

Post  lololiet on Wed May 12, 2010 4:13 pm

akyra wrote:Yeah that would be good Smile

Decision has been made by a girl

Yay, natural order restored:D
It be decided then, a Tab section would be practical.
lololiet
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rushfan30 on Wed May 12, 2010 4:38 pm

Whoo! I helped do something Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smaz on Wed May 12, 2010 7:19 pm

Hmm... I'm split two ways:

Yeah, it would be a good idea, there's a lot of tab threads in various sections at the moment, so why not throw them all in one place?

No, it'll just turn in to an 'OMGZ I CANT FIND A TAB FOR SMOKE ON THE WATER, CAN SOMEONE PLEEZE LOOK FOR ONE FOR ME?' or 'HEY CAN ANYONE TAB THIS VICTOR WOOTEN SONG FOR ME?!?!' section. I can imagine that would build up a lot of empty threads, or put people off... Hmm....

A couple more people say they'd like to see it, I'll go with it Smile If not, I'll consider it.... I'm sure it would be a good idea though Wink

king

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip on Wed May 12, 2010 7:45 pm

Well, even if it turns out badly it would be good to put it all in one place instead of having all the tab requests littered about the place. Hmm... 'littered'... Why not call it the Tab Bin? Razz

An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced.
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 on Wed May 12, 2010 8:06 pm

Pippynip wrote:Well, even if it turns out badly it would be good to put it all in one place instead of having all the tab requests littered about the place. Hmm... 'littered'... Why not call it the Tab Bin? Razz

Exactly.
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lololiet on Wed May 12, 2010 8:07 pm

Why not call it "The Pheasant"?
lololiet
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rushfan30 on Thu May 13, 2010 4:16 pm

Pippynip wrote:Hmm... 'littered'... Why not call it the Tab Bin? Razz
That would make an excellent name Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Some freaky guy on Thu May 13, 2010 8:26 pm

Would this section be open for threads like "Help me figure out how to tab *blahblahblah* myself"? I'd make a few of those, I think.
Some freaky guy
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra on Fri May 14, 2010 7:16 am

Smaz wrote:

No, it'll just turn in to an 'OMGZ I CANT FIND A TAB FOR SMOKE ON THE WATER, CAN SOMEONE PLEEZE LOOK FOR ONE FOR ME?' or 'HEY CAN ANYONE TAB THIS VICTOR WOOTEN SONG FOR ME?!?!' section. I can imagine that would build up a lot of empty threads, or put people off... Hmm....

This is happening now... Least it would stop spamming the other areas of the forum

Back to top Go down

Post  uglymutt on Fri May 14, 2010 11:59 am

As long as it has it's own section in the forums i guess i wouldn't mind it. Just keep all the tab stuff in there please, i guess it aso makes a bit more sense for a community based tab type thing, with some lesser known songs be tabbed.

However playing the Devil's advocate:
there are plenty of other places that you can go to if you want tabs, if you want a tab sub-forum here then I'd like to have lesser known songs tabbed as if you want Smells like teen spirit there are plenty of other places to go for it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rushfan30 on Fri May 14, 2010 4:12 pm

Some freaky guy wrote:Would this section be open for threads like "Help me figure out how to tab *blahblahblah* myself"? I'd make a few of those, I think.
I'd imagine so

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex31 on Sat May 15, 2010 6:22 am

I'm totally for it Smile

I've been trying to practice on my hearing by listening to songs I hear on the radio and writing down what I think the tabs sound like. I think I would be able to help out a bit if you guys make it. We could also help Improve tabs we're not sure are right.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 on Sat May 15, 2010 7:16 am

Alex31 wrote:I'm totally for it Smile

I've been trying to practice on my hearing by listening to songs I hear on the radio and writing down what I think the tabs sound like. I think I would be able to help out a bit if you guys make it. We could also help Improve tabs we're not sure are right.

That's a very good point. Good to have a fresh opinion.
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bass Mon on Sat May 15, 2010 2:12 pm

I like this idea of fixing up tabs that were not sure about

Back to top Go down

Post  Smaz on Sat May 15, 2010 3:06 pm

Alex31 wrote:I'm totally for it Smile

Good idea indeed Smile

Section added! I'll finish clearing up later... Back to the footie!

king

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down