Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New amp

5 posters

Go down

New amp Empty New amp

Post  TonicViper Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:38 pm

hi guys im looking at getting a new amp as only have a real cheap practice amp @ the mo.
i was looking at the Line 6 Lowdown Studio 110? does any one have this? or know of a better one?
my budget is £200 and im playing rock ( just for home not quite good enough for gigging yet lol)
Thanks

Daniel
TonicViper
TonicViper

Back to top Go down

New amp Empty Re: New amp

Post  Pippynip Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:58 pm

Wow, I've stuck with my el cheapo practice amp for a year now Razz

Anyway I hear Line 6 aren't too good with bass amps, I think. Best to just get a used Peavey TNT or something.
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  TonicViper Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:08 pm

i tried my mates peavey (not tnt) and did not think it was that good. the other one i was looking at was Roland Microcube Bass RX Very Happy
TonicViper
TonicViper

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:12 pm

Actually I've had my eye on a Roland cube amp for a while. I saw a video review of one on youtube (dude had a 6 string bass I think) and it sounded very nice, had loadsa nice effects on it. Was a bit out of my price range unfortuately Sad
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  TonicViper Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:15 pm

This ones only £160 :-) also iv orderd the irig so I can use my iPod as a pre amp
TonicViper
TonicViper

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:10 pm

Line 6 amps in general (bass or guitar) aren't that good. Only consider them for multi effects processors. Also I second Pip's Peavey recommendation (get the TNTs), but Roland cubes are definitely a good option though I think... Doesn't Dman use one? If you want loud and proud, go Peavey, if you want nice tone playing by yourself or maybe with a quiet band (ie accoustic duo) then go with the Roland
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:15 pm

Actually, disregard what I said about acoustic duos, you'll only be able to use the Roland for personal practice... It's only 5 watts Neutral

EDIT: Actually on further research, you may be able to do acoustic stuff Razz Maybe not proper acoustic gigs but maybe quiet relaxing get togethers in a living room
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  TonicViper Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:22 pm

Think I will sack the Roland off lol. Might have to go into town and try a few:-( shame my playing's not that good will prob end up looking like a twat lol
TonicViper
TonicViper

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:32 pm

Don't worry about looking like a twat, no one cares Razz Oh, also check out http://www.basschat.co.uk, you can get some excellent deals on there. Just scroll down to the Marketplace section. I've used it many times and it's really a great place to buy stuff at really great prices. Plus everyone is really friendly which is a bonus. If you do use it make sure you buy a 'combo' rather than a 'cab'/'cabinet'. Might look similar but they're different
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  TonicViper Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:35 pm

Ok will do thanks mate
TonicViper
TonicViper

Back to top Go down

Post  danthewelshy Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:18 am

That line 6 studio proline 110 is suppose to be the dogs bollocks if you listen to basschat.co.uk, though half of them talk out of their arse its unbelievable. But if its just a practice amp I wouldn't spend £200, buy cheap and 2nd hand and save up for a gigging amp so you've got one when needed.
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  Some freaky guy Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:33 pm

TonicViper wrote:Think I will sack the Roland off lol. Might have to go into town and try a few:-( shame my playing's not that good will prob end up looking like a twat lol

Whenever I see a not-too-good player trying stuff in a shop I think it's cool of him/her to do it, not being ashamed of having limited skills. It's kinda like seeing a fat guy in a training studio.
Some freaky guy
Some freaky guy
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  TonicViper Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:38 pm

Thanks I think. I did go and play in the shop and ended up getting a Peavey MAX 110 also got a free bass lesson haha
TonicViper
TonicViper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum