Free Bass guitar lessons

So does this work in other bands?Picking on other people in the band.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So does this work in other bands?Picking on other people in the band.

Post  The Risky on Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:29 pm

Since this seems the most suitable place,then id rather ask this here.

So i've been in this band for 10 months now,we play mainly Trash and punk etc.So at first we all got along quite well for the first 3 months without any haze.So one day,me the guitarist and our vocalist got together and just talked about anything and everything,when we start talking about our band,they quickly brought up our drummer.Our drummer at first was very...Poor with her playing (yes our drummers a girl),and when i say poor,she only used the bass drum,toms and the high hat on every song,and it wasn't like she was trying to improv anything to it,it was the Basic beats.So they made up a few suggestions,we get her a teacher,motivate her,or get a new drummer.I wasn't feeling the entire thing so i decided to sit the entire thing out,little did i know,they talked about her after every fucking Band practice.So it stopped for some time and she improved,we got along again,next was me.Right about in may,when we had our first gig,we all decided to get together and discuss about it,timing,clothing etc.we're trying to come up with sugestions for the entire thing,and every time i say something,the Vocalist just goes "We're not doing that,its lame"and he didnt say that in a normal tone with sarcasm to laugh it off,more of an "Stop-talking-you-idiot-you-dont-know-anything".I didnt care mutch at all for that,or for the idiotic comments/arguments that came from the upcoming months.Its around July,we came together for a band practice after several weeks of holiday for eatch of us.Its all going and we feel the vibe,untill an hour into the band practice,we try new songs,when the guitarist plays a riff,i folow him and go trough the exact tabs,douring that time,the vocalist was trying the lyrics.And everytime i did something,it aggrovated the Vocalist Yet again,when he sang a note wrong,he got mad and took it out of me(not in a physical form).From that the guitarist went by the same routine.Me,the drummer and the guitarist all go to the same class,and everytime i meet him around other people,he humiliates and make 7 yr old dick jokes.Shure i return with the same kindness,but he says them in a way like he's REALY trying to psycholgicly destroy me.This has gone on and on,and every band practice when i sugest something i get told "wtf?no!becouse i don't like it,fuck sake", i get made fun over something that doesnt realy matter.Last week,when i was playing Metallica - My Friend of Misery,the guitarist interupted me and said "The guy who wrote that,left Metallica becouse he got hazed like fuck",from that,i felt like im Jason from Metallica.Now,im the guy who can take words for nothing,u can call me a faggot for an hour and i wont get offended,but if it goes on for months over the smallest things,then i get mad.Im not the kind of Person who's agressive,Shure,i hang around people like that,i listen to that kind of music,but that doesnt mean i have to be like Dave Mustaine on a drug streak.The Vocalist and the guitarist,they try to be realy heavy,and for them that means trying to be fucking evil and just going by their own rules,meaning being an asshole towards me.I dont know what to do,basecly,the people who i respect the most,dont respect me at all.We got along so well,but after that i hardly go out with them even.I want to be friends with them on and on,and i want this band so mutch.What should i do?if it means just going up and telling them "stop it" in a very violent way,then il do it.I just need help

Back to top Go down

Re: So does this work in other bands?Picking on other people in the band.

Post  willba on Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:19 pm

Shocked

......Thats alot of writing.

Anyway Id just say confront them about what theyre doing, if you just tell them to stop being so disdainful and ask them to stop theyre much more likely to listen rather than just saying 'Shut the fuck up'

Oh and what do you mean when you say 'hazed like fuck'?
willba
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:35 pm

Let them get a new bass player. You shouldn't put up with that shit.
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lololiet on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:28 pm

I agree with DTL, they sounds like real arseholes.
If the're really that annoying, let them find out how far the're gonna get without a Bassist.
lololiet
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:06 pm

id tell them go die the next time you meet them but thats just me
yeah
definatly quit the band, people like that arent your friends

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeLetterSyndrom on Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:56 pm

Quit the band and don't let them talk you back into it. Bass players are rare and your miss will be sorely felt. It fixes all of your problems, while also taking a bit of 'revenge', although that is more of a side-effect. Wink

ThreeLetterSyndrom
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliff em' all on Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:54 pm

Tell them they can fuck off and leave the practice the next time it happens.Just that.Raise a finger(the middle one)and tell them to fuck off(show a smile to the girl,to show you don't include her,it'll get you the chick at least Razz )
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:01 pm

Contrary to what other people have said, you could leave peacefully and in a friendly manner. Doing this might make them feel guilty for being idiots towards you and then when they realise that getting another bass player is difficult they'll regret what they've done even more

Back to top Go down

Post  willba on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:05 pm

I was just about to say I obviously wasnt hostile enough in my advice, but yeah, try to resolve it first, it may all come out dandy.

If u just stick up your middle finger and walk out it seems your situation in school might get much worse...
willba
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Some freaky guy on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:18 pm

Leave the band, try getting your drummer with you. Start a new band by yourself.
Some freaky guy
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Risky on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:27 pm

For everyone posting a responce,im very thankfull.

Now then,the majority of you say that i should quit it,witch has gone trough my head many many times.Tomorrow i have another band practice,before i plug my bass in,il talk to them in a reasonable way,if it doesnt work out,my only responce will be "then thats final,you've made me make this choice,and therefor,i will quit the band.Thanks for being assholes,have a nice day".

And i noticed 2 of you told me that i should hook up with the drummer,that would be pretty epic,but she's a lesbian.

Oh and one more thing would come out of this if i TRULY leave.The vocalist just turned 18 and he's planning a huge ass party where were going to play a gig,id like to see them try that without me.

And i've got a question for you.What does the term"being heavy" mean to you?

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:31 pm

depends in what context
in a musical context id say playing agressively all the time

maybe in a different context
being miserable and not cheerfull or something like that

maybe being drugged up or sumthing like that
probably not tho XD

anyways
good luck

Back to top Go down

Post  MetalJacob on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:38 pm

I don't think saying "Thanks for being assholes, have a nice day" is a good idea. That shows that your emotionally upset. Just say you quit the band. Oh and I would definitely talk to the drummer about all this before you practice tomorrow and try to get her to start a new band with you. Guitarists are pathetically easy to find.

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidM96 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:55 pm

MetalJacob wrote:I don't think saying "Thanks for being assholes, have a nice day" is a good idea. That shows that your emotionally upset. Just say you quit the band. Oh and I would definitely talk to the drummer about all this before you practice tomorrow and try to get her to start a new band with you. Guitarists are pathetically easy to find.

+1 for everyone's posts above, and jake, around here guitarists (or musicians for that matter) are hard to come by
DavidM96
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MetalJacob on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:00 pm

That's because you're in middle school.

Back to top Go down

Post  willba on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:19 pm

Yeah there are alot of guitarists in my area, but its suprisingly hard to find one thats actually any good, they either a) Are limited by skill b) Limited by what they want to play c) Think theyre better than they are
willba
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bass Mon on Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:43 am

In my area most guitarists have constant shred disorder

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeLetterSyndrom on Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:46 am

Bass Mon wrote:In my area most guitarists have constant shred disorder
That isn't a regional disorder. It's world-wide.

ThreeLetterSyndrom
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smaz on Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:56 am

In a band with my friends back when I was 15 or so, I couldn't stand the drummer - a complete and utter asshole towards me. Never bothered me, I just thought he was a complete twat. At one point I hadn't spoken to any of the band for about 3 weeks, so when the guitarist spoke to me on MSN I simply told him I quit.

We had another bash at it about a year ago (21 at that point) with the same guys & another guitarist. It went well - we had a few practices without a drummer to start as he was busy for a little while. When he started joining in, things went rapidly downhill again... I think we lasted for 2 practices before everything faded out.

My advice? I think you're got it right - speak to them, if it doesn't work out then goodbye to them. Tell them you've lost interested, it's not fun anymore, whatever.

Do let us know how you get on... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Risky on Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:47 am

So today in school i talked to my guitarist about what i feel and think about my position in the band.He understood me and said "yeah okay,i understand",and that was that,the entire day went on very perfectly without any sarcastic 7-yr old jokes,the Vocalist is next,im meeting him today or tomorrow.Tho the problem with him is,he makes a lot of assumptions about everything.This one time i showed up with a bottle of vodka,and i drank half the bottle and it didnt go to my head,and he goes and asks "Ken,are you Drunk?",me "no",him again "if your drunk just tell me",it went on and on like that with idiotic and snide bickering.
and he always try's to be right about everything.Last week,i discussed about or Logo and asked "Whats our Color scheme?",if we play something realy Trash metal,we realy wouldn't want anything pink and cute wabbits.He just laughs at me and says "that doesnt matter at all XD ".
Right then,pink and fluffy it is.
Sod...

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliff em' all on Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:12 pm

And after you quit listen to this it'll get you going
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse on Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:23 pm

Have you ever heard of the joke:

How many guitarists are needed to change a light bulb?

(A: 12. One to change the bulb and eleven to state he didnt do it good enuff)

I 've been an acoustic guitarist for some years and I was in forums for guitars like UG, but man they are all TOO NEAT........

They always pick on you if you are asking something that it might be easy or stupid for them, they would always talk about the grusome gear they have etc

Guitarists are a bit of retards, they want to be onfront and think they do something BIG.

And most of the guitarists dont like bassists.

And I've been with many musicians for drink or some of them are friends of mine, and all the guys and gals here in dman's forum... there's one conclution: Pianists and bassist WILL NEVER PICK ON YOU. N-E-V-E-R. And I mean it...

What's wrong with guitarists? lol

Anyway just dump the asswipes, when you are in a band you need to be treated with respect.
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Garth on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:13 pm

After reading ALL THAT.... I have to agree with everything said... and yes, this is a GREAT topic.

Your situation, to my knowledge, is fairly common. Personally, I can't jam with my friends (or anyone for that matter) who don't have patience and an open mind, it's just never a good experience.

It's good to hear your guitarist buddy is going to cooperate, hopefully your vocalist doesn't live up to the ego you have made him sound like.

Back to top Go down

Post  Davo 112233 on Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:16 am

Playing is all about the fun/love of it, if that is not there when playing ask your self "Do I need this?", the stress, agravation, tension etc,if the situation doesn't improve leave and start or join another band, either way life is too short to be pissed of for too long. Good luck and always remember why you started playing in the first place.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum