Free Bass guitar lessons

Relative Newbie

Go down

Relative Newbie

Post  spoony on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:08 pm

Hi All,

This question may be better suited to the Tab Forum (i have posted on there). I am trying to get to grips with playing the bass section (solo) in the midde of "Are you Gonna Go My Way" by Lenny Kravitz. I have found some tabs on the internet but none seem to help - when i play the solo section it just doesn't sound right. Any tips on playing this would be really helpful. I am new to playing bass.

I realise this should be straightforward - ie listen to song, get tabs, play song! However i just can't get the playin bit right!

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Re: Relative Newbie

Post  willba on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:19 pm

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/l/lenny_kravitz/are_you_gonna_go_my_way_btab.htm

This tab seems pretty solid, dunno if you've tried it. Usually if I learn a song that doesnt quite sound right I just keep listening to it and add/remove any bits that sound wrong/right.

Also make sure your bass is in tune Razz
willba
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thanks

Post  spoony on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:26 pm

Thanks for quick reponse dude,

That looks like it might be worth a go...looks different to what i have been using. Will have a try and see what happens.

Will let you know how i got on hopefully.

Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  willba on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:39 pm

Yeah, just dont feel you have to follow the tab rigidly. Play whatever sounds best, theres a good chance there are at least some mistakes in someones attempt at tabbing a song.
willba
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum