Free Bass guitar lessons

Bass amps advice...from the following

Go down

Bass amps advice...from the following Empty Bass amps advice...from the following

Post  GoteksVenom on Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:48 am

i have been playin for 3 years but still :/

anyway i need to ask a question and i really appreciate your help guys cuz im in a dilemma and want this to be my LAST amp....which would you advise from the ones listed below XD:(for band,lives and recordings and i play ALL styles but not really much of a metal but i do my share)

Gallien-Krueger (GK) mb210 : http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gallien-Krueger-MB210-2x10-500W-Ultralight-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=581053 even tho the one i checked at the music store said it was 350W...it might be because i can add another speaker to it.... this costs 585 Euros

or

Berhringer BXL3000 : http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-ULTRABASS-BXL3000-300W-1x15-Bass-Combo?sku=481097 which is 279Euros

or

Laney RB6 http://www.laney.co.uk/show_spec.php?prod=rb6 369Euros

Honestly i afford the BXL3000 BUT i heard loads of negative comments about it...also i dont want to buy somethin not worth it and not regret like already happened....i have a 100W SWR.... which i regret buying 3years ago...

PS: thanks for the patience and sry for the long post guys xD!! but thanks if u do read and help...and give reasons wit hthem if possible but its oki XD

Back to top Go down

Bass amps advice...from the following Empty Re: Bass amps advice...from the following

Post  DavidM96 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:53 pm

the only advice i can give you is, ive heard alot about berhingers breaking easily.
Im sure some others here could help you more than me
DavidM96
DavidM96
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bass amps advice...from the following Empty Re: Bass amps advice...from the following

Post  Pippynip on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:53 pm

For my very last amp I'd go with none of those. I'd get a separate cab and amp instead of a combo amp. Probably a Warwick cab, but no idea about the head.

An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced.
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:30 pm

Pippynip wrote:For my very last amp I'd go with none of those. I'd get a separate cab and amp instead of a combo amp. Probably a Warwick cab, but no idea about the head.

+1
WW cabs are monsters. For a head id probs go for the one that Ed Friedland uses in his bass guitar reviews nowadays.
Something by Genz Benz

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:10 pm

GK is quality. My next head is going to be a Bugera.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DubHertz on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:32 pm

Dropthelines585 wrote:GK is quality. My next head is going to be a Bugera.

Be careful, I was quite impressed by the power and reasonable price of the Bugera range until I read that Bugera is an offshoot of the Behringer company Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:04 pm

DubHertz wrote:
Dropthelines585 wrote:GK is quality. My next head is going to be a Bugera.

Be careful, I was quite impressed by the power and reasonable price of the Bugera range until I read that Bugera is an offshoot of the Behringer company Shocked

O.o
So better try it out first Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  DubHertz on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:56 pm

Apparently they sound good but suffer from reliability issues

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:22 am

Thanks for the tip. That will effect my decision, but I read some really great reviews from NAMM.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GoteksVenom on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:15 am

sorry for taking long to post guys...but thanks for the advice but im not really a halfstack person :/ im more into combos and honestly im insecurer out of the GK i said before the 350w but if added a speaker it becomes 500w... ( http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gallien-Krueger-MB210-2x10-500W-Ultralight-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=581053 ) and a laney 300w added a speaker to become a 450 w if needed (http://www.laney.co.uk/show_prod.php?prod=RB8 )

i know im repeating BUT im trying to keep this my last amp or at least a LONGTIME amp which i wont regret and spending the money on(unlike my swr :/)....ive had my current amp the SWR LA15 for 3years....its a decent amp but its a beginner amp with simple controls cant do much :/ even sound/volume wise

i checked hartke,peavey,SWR,fender,behringer,laney,GK and hiwatt and i ended up with those 2 i listed up above....pls take note im going to use this amp for band recordings,lives and band practices >.< the swr does quite a mediocre job....out of all honestly...

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:12 pm

In that case I'd probably get the GK. I'd definitely steer clear of the Behringer.

An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced.
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:10 pm

I think the obvious choice is gk. They make very high quality gear.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down