Free Bass guitar lessons

Basic slap bass

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Basic slap bass

Post  ben9394 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:11 pm

I can do the pop its no problem but the slap with the thumb isnt working I want to learn cant stop by RHCP and I cant because of the slap.

Basically When im holding a fret down and slap the string no sound or anything really just a thump and Im not sure why its really frustrating ive read loads of stuff on basic slap and is not working.

Sad any help

Back to top Go down

Re: Basic slap bass

Post  willba on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:59 pm

Hmmm, well theres not really a 'correct' way to slap n' pop, keep trying different positions until you find one thats right. Remember to start of basic and just practice slapping before trying something complex.

If your a beginner maybe Can't Stop is a bit too much, if you keep practicing you'll be there in no time though. Very Happy
willba
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lololiet on Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:06 pm

I'd like to add that it would be good to A) slow it right down, play whatever you're trying to play half as fast or even slower and B) really make sure your thumb bounces up enough from the strings after you hit 'em, a lot of people when they first start accidentally mute the strings by not getting their thumbs off the strings quick & high enough.

That and just keep practicing.
lololiet
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top