Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Don't Know What To Learn Next, Help Me Please.

+2
Grinch
xXMaliceXx
6 posters

Go down

I Don't Know What To Learn Next, Help Me Please. Empty I Don't Know What To Learn Next, Help Me Please.

Post  xXMaliceXx Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:40 pm

I've been playing for a year, I can slap pretty well, I'm around beginner - intermediate, can someone anyone help me to learn something new?
xXMaliceXx
xXMaliceXx

Back to top Go down

I Don't Know What To Learn Next, Help Me Please. Empty Re: I Don't Know What To Learn Next, Help Me Please.

Post  Grinch Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:46 pm

If you haven't learned it already...

Chic - Good Times

Learn this riff and you'll learn a few tunes that have a similar riff. Like Queen - Another one bites the dust
Grinch
Grinch

Back to top Go down

I Don't Know What To Learn Next, Help Me Please. Empty Re: I Don't Know What To Learn Next, Help Me Please.

Post  Pastichio Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:34 pm

Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Redstarking Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Well I am probably at the same level as you and I would say just keept practicing and practicing until you can play advanced songs, and in the mean time play something at any talent shows that come your way and you might get discovered, or join a band.
Redstarking
Redstarking

Back to top Go down

Post  xXMaliceXx Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:10 am

Yea, I saw that, thing is that I already know how to play most of the songs people suggested.
(Pink Floyd - Money, Cream - Sunshine of your love, Hey Joe by Jimi Hendrix, Bombtrack by Rage against the machine, Play that Funky Music by Wild Cherry, 99 red balloons by goldfinger, killing in the name of by rage against the machine)
So I started this topic hoping that people post something harder ( I haven't tried learning chic yet, but im about to).

So if you you know something a bit more tricky than those, plz post it ( I do appreciate the other suggestions, im just looking for something a bit harder ).

xXMaliceXx
xXMaliceXx
xXMaliceXx

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:13 am

How did you get on with my slap and pop funk lines?
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  danthewelshy Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:22 am

try making your own grooves/song

Its something im working on, i still find it pretty difficult because im very piccy but i would suggest that when wondering what next to learn.

For idea's on what to put into your song/compostion if you decide to try one out check out dman's solo vids hes got some great playing there, and also just check out youtube players jamming with them selves, like marlowedk - i recently checked his thumpicking/slap video and that gave me some idea's to make a riff of my own using that technique.
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:28 pm

xXMaliceXx wrote:

Yea, I saw that, thing is that I already know how to play most of the songs people suggested.
(Pink Floyd - Money, Cream - Sunshine of your love, Hey Joe by Jimi Hendrix, Bombtrack by Rage against the machine, Play that Funky Music by Wild Cherry, 99 red balloons by goldfinger, killing in the name of by rage against the machine)
So I started this topic hoping that people post something harder ( I haven't tried learning chic yet, but im about to).

So if you you know something a bit more tricky than those, plz post it ( I do appreciate the other suggestions, im just looking for something a bit harder ).

xXMaliceXx

I suggested The Lemon Song by Led Zeppelin. Can you play that? Its slightly harder than your average song.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down