Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annoyed, upset, angry (update)

+6
SuperMaximo93
Pippynip
lololiet
MetalJacob
Nocturnal_Pulse
Dmanlamius
10 posters

Go down

Annoyed, upset, angry (update) Empty Annoyed, upset, angry (update)

Post  Dmanlamius Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:51 pm

Well, as many of you that are on my Facebook may know, the book is dead. The main file became corrupt. To be honest, I don't want to go through the ins-and-outs of everything that happened. I've had so many people try and sort this for me, but it's now officialy dead. A virus, we think, as other files are now dying.

That bummed me out for a good week or two. I put my heart and soul into that.

However, life goes on, and I DO have the notes in my notepad. Not all, but quite a few. And I DO have the 101 bass riffs still.

So, you guys are my tried and trusted friends in this bass community. Tell me what you think of this:

I upload a riff a week, which links to a tabbed lesson on Learnbass.net. I'll lose a lot of potential revenue with that book (you guys know i'm not in it for money) but don't mind doing this as it A) Adds to my karmic level, and B) May bring more traffic to my site, and people might purchase a premium lesson.

All of the other content (creating Bass lines, musicianship etc) will be uploaded in video format on youtube, or text format on Learnbass.net.

I can't put the time back into typing the book up again right now. I'm moving home (hence my silence) and theres loads of stuff going on with my band as well as other stuff.

Or....

I just wait until I do have time in my life, and start again.

Whadya reckon?
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Annoyed, upset, angry (update) Empty Re: Annoyed, upset, angry (update)

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:56 pm

OH MY GOD.
Nocturnal_Pulse
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:02 pm

I take it you're not on my Facebook page then, lol.

Either a virus or the fact it got pretty wet in my pocket when it was pouring down. Weird that it's happening on other files now as well. Infact, that PC may as well just go in the bin! No
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  MetalJacob Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:05 pm

As much as I would like new lessons, that is A LOT of potential revenue you would be losing if you didn't do it later.

So I say do it later.
MetalJacob
MetalJacob

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:06 pm

Ok, thanks man!
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  lololiet Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:07 pm

I have to say I agree with MJ.
lololiet
lololiet
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:08 pm

Dmanlamius wrote:I take it you're not on my Facebook page then, lol.

Either a virus or the fact it got pretty wet in my pocket when it was pouring down. Weird that it's happening on other files now as well. Infact, that PC may as well just go in the bin! No

I am! But the newsfeed is so chaotic that I might have missed it!!
Nocturnal_Pulse
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:13 pm

First I've heard of it too... I should probably get Facebook at some point.

I don't really know what you should do, but I imagine I'd write the book again when things die down a bit.

I'd probably cut down the number of riffs in the book to about 50. Then every week I'd put one new riff up on Youtube. That would allow about a year for things to die down and get the book re-written and completed, and if it turns out things don't die down then I'd just carry on putting the riffs up.

Can't imagine how much of a kick in the teeth that is though Sad
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:14 pm

That's horrible Sad I've had similar experiences, not as great a scale as this though Neutral

+1 with doing the book later
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:17 pm

Thats a godd idea buddy.

As you guys know, creating content isn't a problem for me. i could sit here right now and write 20 bass lines that would be good enough to use. Thats a strong point of mine (and testament to learning as many styles/genres as possible on bass!).

So, I could still do the 101, but also add the free riff a week thing anyway. They don't take long to create/record.
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:19 pm

And yea, it was horrible.

It was so horrible, I nearly deleted everything to be done with it. Just couldn't handle the thought of putting anymore work in, and wanted a fresh start.

Luckily, a friend who I know personally, but has learnt everything through my vids pointed out the smount of people I've helped (that I seem to forget!!) and so I kept it all.

That's the first time I've ever felt like that with all this.
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  Davo 112233 Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:45 am

hey man do the book anyway, just take a bit more time, i am definately a starter to purchase. The way i see it shit happens in life. Just stick with it and I am sure most of the people on here will purchase the book.

Davo 112233
Davo 112233

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:24 am

I've had experience with files going corrupt or missing or deleted and loosing a hell of a lot of work, its very disheartening and you do feel like just giving up especially when you have worked so hard on it. But persevere, take some time, lick your wounds and wait for them to heal, come back with a vengeance and you will write the best damn bass book there is.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Some freaky guy Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:43 pm

That officially sucks. I guess you have to learn the value of backups the hard way, just like far too many others, including myself. I always keep my important files backed up on three different computers, the internet and an external drive, just in case.
Some freaky guy
Some freaky guy
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  mts Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:26 pm

Damn this sucks but well you bounce back... i ma at your facebook group but still somehow i totally missed this.

But here is prime example why we backup important files other place than computer where originals are.

Would be still cool if you started again, i can only guess how hard starting will be but when you get it going again it wont take too long to get back where you where!
And i faith for you man that you really can do this!!

Cheers man and just dont give up! afro
mts
mts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down