Free Bass guitar lessons

ESP LTD Basses

Go down

ESP LTD Basses

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse on Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:29 pm

What's your opinion on these basses?

Particularely am interested in the low priced Viper 104 but I d like to know some things by peeps who cuddled on LTD babies in general!
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ESP LTD Basses

Post  kakariko-tramp on Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:13 pm

i'm using an ESP LTD b55 myself. i'm very satisfied for 279 Euro the sound and build quality is just fantastic.

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidM96 on Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:23 pm

Im pretty sure DTL has an ESP bass
DavidM96
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse on Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:08 pm

kakariko-tramp wrote:i'm using an ESP LTD b55 myself. i'm very satisfied for 279 Euro the sound and build quality is just fantastic.

You can slap and pop fairly on your bass? And the action is low?

DavidM96 wrote:Im pretty sure DTL has an ESP bass

I hope he sees that topic then!
pirat
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:34 am

I heard they are good.

I want this one
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:10 pm

Pastichio wrote:I heard they are good.

I want this one

all time classic favorite!!
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:40 pm

I think that will be my next bass purchase. I've never played a six string before, but I do like a challenge.
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:59 pm

I played that bass for a few months. It's high quality, but it's a heavy fucker.
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Proletarian on Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:54 pm

I currently play a ESP LTD D-6 and have a friend that has the ESP LTD B-206 after playing mine. After playing the 6 strings at local stores, it was the best feel for me besides the Schecter Studio 6. The weight can be a little much to some, but I carry a tuba to college so this is light to me. I played the low-mid end Ibanez 6 strings and found the ones available locally to be a but buzzy (more than likely just a quick setup that needed adjustment) and not quite fitting my body size and shape (i.e. tall and round). I really like the neck thickness and shape, it is comfortable no matter where I am on it and the body is cut high enough to have easy access to upper frets. For the price that these basses can be had in the used market, I recommend them to many people who I talk to that are looking for a new one. Even though I am rather terrible at bass, many people comment on the sound it has, especially compared to my mid 90s Fender Jazz that I used before December.

TLDR: Good bass, find one and try it!

Back to top Go down

Post  kakariko-tramp on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:21 pm

Nocturnal_Pulse wrote:
kakariko-tramp wrote:i'm using an ESP LTD b55 myself. i'm very satisfied for 279 Euro the sound and build quality is just fantastic.

pirat

i've only recently began slapping and popping properly but the bass is doing me well for this. the action can be put low enough but the lower frets would be rattling a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lazerrus on Fri May 27, 2011 11:48 pm

I have a 104. Eactly as the one you have pictured. Nice loud active bass. It came poorly set up but I fixed that. I really like the radius of the neck and it's well balanced IMO. She's a keeper.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:26 am

Lazerrus wrote:I have a 104. Eactly as the one you have pictured. Nice loud active bass. It came poorly set up but I fixed that. I really like the radius of the neck and it's well balanced IMO. She's a keeper.

Poorly set up I know my first bass came without ANY setup. LOL

What did she need to be fixed?
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:27 am

kakariko-tramp wrote:
Nocturnal_Pulse wrote:

pirat

i've only recently began slapping and popping properly but the bass is doing me well for this. the action can be put low enough but the lower frets would be rattling a bit.

Mmmmm every bass has a rattling sound, is it too loud? I mean is it too annoying? I prefer low actions...
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:29 am

Dropthelines585 wrote:I played that bass for a few months. It's high quality, but it's a heavy fucker.

I have already played on a BC Rich Beast NT and it cant be heavier than that LOL

Proletarian wrote:I currently play a ESP LTD D-6 and have a friend that has the ESP LTD B-206 after playing mine. After playing the 6 strings at local stores, it was the best feel for me besides the Schecter Studio 6. The weight can be a little much to some, but I carry a tuba to college so this is light to me. I played the low-mid end Ibanez 6 strings and found the ones available locally to be a but buzzy (more than likely just a quick setup that needed adjustment) and not quite fitting my body size and shape (i.e. tall and round). I really like the neck thickness and shape, it is comfortable no matter where I am on it and the body is cut high enough to have easy access to upper frets. For the price that these basses can be had in the used market, I recommend them to many people who I talk to that are looking for a new one. Even though I am rather terrible at bass, many people comment on the sound it has, especially compared to my mid 90s Fender Jazz that I used before December.

TLDR: Good bass, find one and try it!
Finding it its really difficult here... Sad Schecter I like the Stillettos but too pricey for me! I would definatelly go for a new one... Just need opinions cause trying it its too difficult I dont think that in Athens there is ANYONE who plays a 104. LOL
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:32 am

I've picked up anvils that weren't as heavy as that thing. It is HEAVY.
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse on Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:37 am

Dropthelines585 wrote:I've picked up anvils that weren't as heavy as that thing. It is HEAVY.

How much do you thing it weights?
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:22 am

At LEAST a stone. Although, it has been quite some time since I've picked it up.
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum