Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

played a squier vintage mod jazz bass or an epiphone thunderbird pro?

2 posters

Go down

played a squier vintage mod jazz bass or an epiphone thunderbird pro? Empty played a squier vintage mod jazz bass or an epiphone thunderbird pro?

Post  kakariko-tramp Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:56 pm

i was just wondering if anyone has played an epiphone thunderbird pro or squier Vintage Modified Jazz bass?
i'm selling my ESP b55 for two hundred euro and i'll probably buy on of those. i was just looking for some feedback on them though because that's somewhere i went wrong with my ESP.
kakariko-tramp
kakariko-tramp

Back to top Go down

played a squier vintage mod jazz bass or an epiphone thunderbird pro? Empty Re: played a squier vintage mod jazz bass or an epiphone thunderbird pro?

Post  Stryfer Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:18 pm

Well, this is probably waaaaaaaaay out of date, but I'll give you some input.
I own a Squire Vintage Modified Jazz bass and I can say this much - it's incredible. It sounds way too good for that price and the neck, thankfully, isn't too thick! The only issue it has is weight. It's a bit heavier than normal so it will strain you untill you get used to it.

The only thing I have noticed and have heard others complain about is that the factory set-up is horrible. If you buy it, take it to a guitar/bass repair guy and have him fix it up a bit.
I struggled with the strings a lot, it required too much effort to play them. Then I gave to this guy and for 10 euros he fixed it to play like a dream!

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

played a squier vintage mod jazz bass or an epiphone thunderbird pro? Empty Re: played a squier vintage mod jazz bass or an epiphone thunderbird pro?

Post  kakariko-tramp Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:15 pm

thanks for the reply man! it is indeed a beautiful bass indeed. those higher end squires in general are more than worth every penny. it's easily on par with a fender mexican standard. easily. didn't buy either bass in the end though once i got to play a schecter omen extreme 4. Very Happy
kakariko-tramp
kakariko-tramp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down