Free Bass guitar lessons

What? Squishy skin? Callus questions.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What? Squishy skin? Callus questions.

Post  Nidoru on Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:09 am

I've read the "I've got a blister, Mister" thread and have searched the internet, but I can't seem to find anything talking about a squishy skin phase between blister and callus. XD

I just started playing bass and have gotten blisters. I read that I should take a two day break. The next day, the blister turned into some weird discolored squishy skin. It's been about a week now, and there's still no callus, just the same discolored squishy skin.

Am I supposed to continue playing for it to turn into a callus?

Also, I've heard some people say calluses are hard, and I've heard others say it's soft but stronger. Which is true, or is it different for everyone?

Back to top Go down

Re: What? Squishy skin? Callus questions.

Post  lololiet on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:14 am

Nidoru wrote:I've read the "I've got a blister, Mister" thread and have searched the internet, but I can't seem to find anything talking about a squishy skin phase between blister and callus. XD

I just started playing bass and have gotten blisters. I read that I should take a two day break. The next day, the blister turned into some weird discolored squishy skin. It's been about a week now, and there's still no callus, just the same discolored squishy skin.

Am I supposed to continue playing for it to turn into a callus?

Also, I've heard some people say calluses are hard, and I've heard others say it's soft but stronger. Which is true, or is it different for everyone?
Yep, you develop callus by playing a lot, your skin has get stronger to not get blisters.

Calluses are harder than normal skin to not exactly rockhard, it depends on your definition of "hard" mostly
lololiet
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:17 pm

Mine got soft over the years. There was a time when I could tap them on the table and it would sound like dropping nickels. Now they have a kevlar-like quality.
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nidoru on Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:23 am

Thank god! I'm so bored with waiting!

Thanks for responding. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top