Free Bass guitar lessons

My new vibrator!

Go down

My new vibrator!

Post  Some freaky guy on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:14 pm

A Fender Rumble 100 that I got for 2500 NOK (like 450 dollars, 340 euros or 280 GBP), it's almost been used once.

It has a separate treble-thing, so it works well as a guitar amp, and it gives a nice edge to the bass tone. Awesome sound, and a 4-band EQ with bass, low mid, high mid and treble settings and a mid scoop button, whatever that is.

You can't see it, but it has the world's most cheesy red lights below the elements that glow stronger if you play louder.

Hooray.
Some freaky guy
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My new vibrator!

Post  MetalJacob on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:39 pm

Congratulations sir, enjoy it! Very Happy

Is that a Poly-tuner I see? How do you like that?

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:49 pm

Haha! A Fender Rumble 100 and a BOSS ODB-3 overdrive - pretty much my starting gear XD

That amp is amazing! That piezo speaker really helps bring out the slap tone of a bass. It's not uncommon though.

My favorite thing about this amp, that I've rarely seen is the Lo-Mid/Hi-Mid EQ knobs. Most amps have one mid with a freq-selector, which allows you to adjust only one segment of the mids.
I've had a chance to play on a different Fender amp with the same speaker combination, but with the mid selector knob. There was no way I could get the the sound I wanted - it always sounded too shallow. Having two different settings for the mid-range really helps in tone shaping.

Oh...and it's crazy how much the ODB-3 can give off Shocked

EDIT: may I suggest that you let your excess cable lay on the floor, rather than in the air? Less strain - longer life.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:22 am

No. You may not. Get back in the cupboard.

jocolor

An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced.
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio on Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:55 pm

Mid scoop is exactly what it suggests, you can cut out a section of the midrange. Like a smiley face on graphic eq.

This is common practice in a lot of recordings to make room for midrange instruments like guitar and snare. I tend to use the reverse a frowny face for playing live, I keep my bass low and concentrate on my lower mids around 200 to 300 hz, which helps me cut through two noisy guitarists.

I have played through the exact amp you have about 6 years ago while in college. Nice tone, the red light underneath always gave me a chuckle.
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lololiet on Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:48 pm

Some freaky guy wrote:

A Fender Rumble 100 that I got for 2500 NOK (like 450 dollars, 340 euros or 280 GBP), it's almost been used once.

It has a separate treble-thing, so it works well as a guitar amp, and it gives a nice edge to the bass tone. Awesome sound, and a 4-band EQ with bass, low mid, high mid and treble settings and a mid scoop button, whatever that is.

You can't see it, but it has the world's most cheesy red lights below the elements that glow stronger if you play louder.

Hooray.
Very nice, my favourite kind of vibrator.
lololiet
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Some freaky guy on Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:37 pm

MetalJacob wrote:Congratulations sir, enjoy it! Very Happy

Is that a Poly-tuner I see? How do you like that?

It's insanely useful, especially for guitar, but even if the "tune all strings at once like a god" is far from perfect with a bass, it's still pretty damn good for estimating what strings may need a little tweaking.

Stryfer wrote:Haha! A Fender Rumble 100 and a BOSS ODB-3 overdrive - pretty much my starting gear XD

That amp is amazing! That piezo speaker really helps bring out the slap tone of a bass. It's not uncommon though.

My favorite thing about this amp, that I've rarely seen is the Lo-Mid/Hi-Mid EQ knobs. Most amps have one mid with a freq-selector, which allows you to adjust only one segment of the mids.
I've had a chance to play on a different Fender amp with the same speaker combination, but with the mid selector knob. There was no way I could get the the sound I wanted - it always sounded too shallow. Having two different settings for the mid-range really helps in tone shaping.

Oh...and it's crazy how much the ODB-3 can give off Shocked

EDIT: may I suggest that you let your excess cable lay on the floor, rather than in the air? Less strain - longer life.

The ODB-3 is AMAAAAAAAAAZING. That is all.

And no, you may not, as I can't be assed to uncoil that cable and then coil it back up later. Effort level: -1%
Some freaky guy
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum