Free Bass guitar lessons

Cables

Go down

Cables

Post  riodevick on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:57 am

Hi my bass friends! I was wondering how much does the cable influence the tone?? I am using some of the cheapest cables on the market and i plan to change it soon... so which cable do you use and what are your suggestions on this issue? Are there any particulary cables that are good especially for bass? Cheers

Back to top Go down

Re: Cables

Post  MetalJacob on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:46 am

When it comes to cables, let's just put it like this. Unless you have the perfect amp, bass, pedals, strings, etc, then the tone from the cable isn't going to affect you very much at all. I think it's more about durability when it comes to cable and for that reason I'd recommend Monster cables. They have a lifetime warranty.

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:16 am

Pretty much what MetalJacob said. It's not a question of tone at all, but of wether they'll give out in the middle of a gig.

I use PlanetWaves cables, because that's the best our stores have to offer. Plus, there's this one model with a handy little switch that disconnects your bass from the amp while it's still plugged in (circuit-breaker). It's great if you have more than one bass and need to quickly swtich. It also helps a lot if you're like me and occasionally use a single pick-up on a bass that has two single-coils. This results in a subtle buzz that's audiable during periods of silence in the music, so I just use the switch to cut it Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:25 pm

I've been using the same cable for two years... I'm expecting it to give out aaaaany second now Razz

An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced.
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum