Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

buying a beginner bass

4 posters

Go down

buying a beginner bass Empty buying a beginner bass

Post  Aquawolfe Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:33 pm

i was looking for a bass i have a 300$ budget i seen the ESP LTD B-10 pack it looks good but then again im a beginner and this is my first bass can any one give me recommendations or tips before i buy.

Aquawolfe

Back to top Go down

buying a beginner bass Empty Re: buying a beginner bass

Post  SuperMaximo93 Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:01 pm

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO DO:

Go to your local guitar/music store, and try out every bass within your budget, and pick the one that feels and sounds best to you. Every bass is different to a different person. For one person they may only like £/$1000 Fenders but another person may hate them and instead love playing £/$200 Staggs.

Good luck with your choice dude! Very Happy

P.S. Post pics when you get it in the appropriate threads Wink
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:29 pm

I only recently bought a beginner bass, and I couldnt imagine a more fitting bass too. It was only $300 aus [so thats like.. 150 pounds] for the bass, 15w amp, cable, few picks, a dvd on how to play [which was HORRIBLE] and soft case.
And its got the tuner BUILT IN TO IT!
It does only have one set of pickups, which is fine tbh.
This is it here http://www.musoscorner.com.au/site/index.cfm?module=STORETIGERV2&bit=products&product_id=171157&cart_id=EF0D9A33-EF5A-E43A-88F8052851925035

For me, this is perfect. but it may not be for everyone else. you should try playing some basses a little bit out of your bidget too, maybe youll find the perfect one for 350 instead and it might be worth borrowing some or saving up a little more.

Everyone's different though
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  McSnuggles Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:22 am

If this is your first bass may I suggest:

www.craigslist.com

Find your local area on there and then search for basses. I guarantee that after a couple of days you can find a cheap bass that looks to be in good condition. Send the guy a message and make sure that before you buy you check the neck for curve(there's a post somewhere on here on how to do that) and plug it in to make sure it works. That way if you end up not liking bass, you can always sell it back and not lose any money on the deal.

Then again if you believe that you will absolutely love bass and never want to put it down, you may want to go to a shop and try some out.
McSnuggles
McSnuggles

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down