Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mesa Boogie vs SVT-7PRO

2 posters

Go down

Mesa Boogie vs SVT-7PRO Empty Mesa Boogie vs SVT-7PRO

Post  CitizenSnips Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:37 am

hi guys ive been offered a mesa boogie M-2000 just under £500 and a ampeg SVT-7PRO for roughly the same price and i was hoping someone on here would be able to give me a few pros and cons and just general thoughts on either? i play in metal/grungey band if that would make a difference?

Thanks in advance guys
CitizenSnips
CitizenSnips

Back to top Go down

Mesa Boogie vs SVT-7PRO Empty Re: Mesa Boogie vs SVT-7PRO

Post  Stryfer Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:10 am

I haven't had the privilage of trying either so I did a little bit of research Smile

Apparently everyone recommends getting a 400+ or M-Pulse whenever someone asks about the M-2000.
When talking about the SVT-7PRO, they praise it about being the closest thing to an all tube SVT with a lot less weight.

At a glance, I love the features of the M-2000, it really offers a lot of optionsm. However, some have said that they have a lot of problems adjusting a good sound out of it.

Now this is really ridiculous, but I've read posts by people who claim the M-2000 has an old-school sound, while SVT pros offer a more modern edgy sound - and vice-versa... Though I'm more inclined to belive the posts about SVTs because I know for a fact that Ryan from Mudvayne used Ampeg SVT pro amps up until recently.

I, myself, prefer Ampeg as a brand, but I'm more interested in the SVT-4PRO or 2PRO. Maybe it's just the fact that I like having the extra graphic EQ for tonal adjustment (which the M-2000 has).

Give Ryan's sound a listen, if you like it, you may as well go with the Ampeg. (you can hear it perfectly in this song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nVvojfQVBY)

I've read that Robert Trujillo from Metallica uses SVT pros and Mesa Boogie Rectifiers (though I don't think the M-2000 and rectifier have much in common).

That's about all I can offer...

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum