Free Bass guitar lessons

Settings of the Week?

Go down

Settings of the Week?

Post  GusTheBassDog on Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:54 pm

Is there any chance of someone doing something similar to the riff of the week posts, but with settings, effects, pedals, different amps, etc.? I'm getting to a point where I am playing with amp settings and the active pickups trying to see what sounds I can make, and would really like to see clips of what people are doing, with their hardware and specific settings listed. Even if it's just people putting up some recordings with their favorite hardware and the settings they used, I think it would be neat to have a big thread full of that sort of stuff. Double neat would be if they played some of the songs in the learn to play sections for the clips to give an idea what you could do with the song and some neat hardware settings. It might even be nice when considering gear upgrades. A dog can always use samples before buying. Smile

Back to top Go down

Re: Settings of the Week?

Post  Stryfer on Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:09 pm

Well I have had my fair share of playing around with sound, despite my limited financial resources.
I have a suggestion in regards to this though. What you described would probably result in 10 - 15 minute long videos.
Perhaps if it was broken down into "I use this pedal like this to get this sound" and "I get this particular sound with these EQ settings" or "I achieve this effect using this piece of equipment", rather than going over everything.
Sound is very complex, there are many many factors to it, but general info on how to achieve a certain effect is simple enough for a short video Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  GusTheBassDog on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:45 pm

That would be fine with me as well. I'm just really interested in hearing what other people are doing, and getting ideas of what sounds I like for myself. I see so many amps out there, and pedals, etc., and have no idea what they're capable of. I am just a dog, after all.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum