Free Bass guitar lessons

Short Scale Basses

Go down

Short Scale Basses

Post  Rayne on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:56 pm

I have a beautiful Ibanez Mikro Bass. It only weighs 6lbs and is like a feather to hold.
I have my eye on the Warwick Corvette Basic Short Scale Bass.
Any other shorty fans on this forum?

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Scale Basses

Post  Pippynip on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:47 pm

I'd actually quite like one. With light gauge strings, too. It'd be the easiest bass in the world to play Very Happy But no, so far I've been alright with the long scale basses. I'm 6'3" (6'4" on a good day) so they suit me just fine.

An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced.
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kittyt on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:03 pm

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread for models to look into in the future.

I think a shorty bass will work well for me. I feel like I have small hands although I'm of average size in other regards. My current bass is a 3/4 scale, from what the guys at the guitar shops have told me. The neck of it still feels a little wider than I'd like, but maybe I just need to play more to stretch out my muscles naturally?

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:56 pm

Short scale is just another name for 3/4 size, I think. The only problem I can think of with them is the reduced number of frets, which isn't really a problem at all unless you're Andy Saxton Razz

An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced.
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GusTheBassDog on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:14 pm

One day I want one of the SG short scales. The Epiphone EB-0 or the Gibson SG it's based on if I can afford that. I don't want to get one until I'm way better on my long scale bass though. I held one and while it does feel easy to hold and all, I'm afraid it would interfere with my learning right now if I'm switching scales.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum