Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Amp

4 posters

Go down

New Amp Empty New Amp

Post  GusTheBassDog Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:43 pm

So I have been gifted some new gear...a Behringer BX4500H head and BB410 cab. I know Behringer isn't terribly popular, but it was free, and it sounds great to a beginner dog, such as myself. It's really loud for practicing alone, so I usually keep it turned way down. However, I find that occasionally turning it up I can really hear a lot of flaws being amplified that I never would have noticed with my small combo amp.
GusTheBassDog
GusTheBassDog

Back to top Go down

New Amp Empty Re: New Amp

Post  Pippynip Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:41 pm

I have a Behringer BXL3000 combo amp, which is rather nice indeed, but it is incredibly bloody heavy. The singer in my current band slipped a disc/pulled a muscle/had something happen in his back that caused him great pain when lifting it back from a rehearsal Razz
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  MetalJacob Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:51 pm

Shame on you guys for using Behringer, how dare you! Mad
MetalJacob
MetalJacob

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:09 pm

Careful, sir, careful. If that's not a joke, provide a clear, well-reasoned, constructive and objective argument stating your case instead of providing a pointless, weightless fart of a contention. I know all the horrible things about Behringer, but I have to use one of their bass amps because money is incredibly tight. As far as I'm concerned, for the short term, I have a heavy thing that makes my bass audible when it needs to be; if I get more money to throw around, I'll get something from a more reputable company.
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  MetalJacob Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:24 pm

It was sort of a joke. I don't actually have an avid hate towards Behringer or it's users but they are a bit of a cheat. As I understand it, they advertise peak wattage as opposed to RMS (which all other companies advertise) so when you buy one that has the same wattage as, say, a Peavey, you are actually getting less power when it comes to volume.
MetalJacob
MetalJacob

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:28 pm

Oh, I thought that you were speaking morally and ethically about their rubbish business practices. They steal designs from other companies and get their products made in China with what may as well be slave labour.
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  MetalJacob Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:29 pm

I didn't even know that. Just another reason never to support them.
MetalJacob
MetalJacob

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:31 pm

Indeed, and I wish I'd known about that stuff before buying one of their amps. I would definitely have gotten a lower power one for the same price.

That said, it is quite a nice amp Razz I appear to have gotten one of the 'flukes' that get mentioned from time to time, the ones that are actually pretty good.
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:57 pm

I bought only one thing from them - Active Speakers... Now these things are huge with 400W labels. I needed a pair for...well a live sound system (whatever you call it in english). If I bought any other brand it would've been at least 700 euros, this was 400 (prices are per speaker). So, that saved me a lot of money and it works and it's great for live performances at small clubs or in the back yard Smile

I don't really like Behringer because I prefer quality. They do make good products for a cheap price, but there's always a risk involved - a % chance that whatever you bought won't work and a small % that it'll break down within the year. I buy to last, but this was just way too freakin' expensive!

Though, they have recieved very high praise for their XM8500 mics, which are cheap and work fantastic. I've bought to just because they were in the shop and they're great for backing vocals. Very Happy

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum