Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've gone & done it again.... '74 re-issue Fender Jazz

4 posters

Go down

I've gone & done it again.... '74 re-issue Fender Jazz Empty I've gone & done it again.... '74 re-issue Fender Jazz

Post  Smaz Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:19 pm

It was a bank holiday today, so the girlfriend & I decided to take a trip out somewhere. We didn't fancy going far, so I suggested a nearby old-style town. I also looked up where a guitar shop called Guitar Village is, and it turned out to be at the same place (I honestly didn't know!). I popped in there to take a look around... About 2 hours later, I walked out with this:

I've gone & done it again.... '74 re-issue Fender Jazz 74-jazz

'74 re-issue American Fender Jazz

'tis flippin' MARVELOUS. I've been looking for a new Jazz bass to replace my mexican one that I love, but it needs adjustments constantly & I've not quite been able to get the low action with no fret buzz that I used to get from it.

http://www.fender.com/en-GB/series/american-vintage/american-vintage-74-jazz-bass-maple-fingerboard-olympic-white/

That takes my tally up to 9... Time to get rid of some I think! I don't know how my girlfriend puts up with me...
Smaz
Smaz

Back to top Go down

I've gone & done it again.... '74 re-issue Fender Jazz Empty Re: I've gone & done it again.... '74 re-issue Fender Jazz

Post  GusTheBassDog Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:03 pm

That is a very nice bass. I like that pickup cover over the strings, too.
GusTheBassDog
GusTheBassDog

Back to top Go down

I've gone & done it again.... '74 re-issue Fender Jazz Empty Re: I've gone & done it again.... '74 re-issue Fender Jazz

Post  MetalJacob Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:35 am

Gorgeous, congrats my friend! I've always liked white, or at least light colored, basses with maple fretboards. Those pickup covers intrigue me. I've never played with one but seen several and they always seem to be in the exact position where I like to keep my fingers.
MetalJacob
MetalJacob

Back to top Go down

Post  GusTheBassDog Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:36 pm

MetalJacob wrote:Those pickup covers intrigue me. I've never played with one but seen several and they always seem to be in the exact position where I like to keep my fingers.

I think the same thing every time I see a Rickenbacker. I really want to hold one and see if I can play it, or if they would annoy me, because they look neat.
GusTheBassDog
GusTheBassDog

Back to top Go down

Post  Smaz Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:30 pm

Well, she's gone back to the shop.... Am absolutely gutted, but the bridge pickup cover had been installed wrong & whilst I loved the bass I can't accept the possible loss in resale value & the possible damage in re-drilling.

Hopefully the new one is just as nice...

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/bridge-cover-position-new-american-vintage-74-jazz-973776/
Smaz
Smaz

Back to top Go down

Post  MetalJacob Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:03 pm

Oh wow. Didn't notice that in the picture but now it can't be unseen. Does the shop have another to get or what?
MetalJacob
MetalJacob

Back to top Go down

Post  Smaz Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:19 pm

They're getting another, hopefully - am waiting to hear back...
Smaz
Smaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Smaz Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:28 pm

So, turns out that as they're a limited run Fender won't have any available for another 8 weeks or so... No thanks!

Went back to the shop, played a few more & walked out with this: '64 reissue Jazz from the same series. Thinner neck, so I'm happy!

It does have a bridge cover, but I've taken it off whilst I make adjustments etc.

I've gone & done it again.... '74 re-issue Fender Jazz 64-jazz
Smaz
Smaz

Back to top Go down

Post  GusTheBassDog Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:16 pm

It's sad that you had to return that bass, but this one is beautiful, also. Very Happy
GusTheBassDog
GusTheBassDog

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:42 am

At least he can get a new bass just like that Smile A Fender at that! Both make my mouth water XD

There is no way in the world that I can just walk into a store and walk out with a new bass... I'm still playing my GSR 205 and the one I saved ages for - Squire Vintage Modified Jazz... Both below $500 Very Happy but hey, I make them sound like they're $1000 Laughing

Though I'm sure Smaz makes a $1000 bass sound like it's $10000 -.- hehe Wink

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down