Free Bass guitar lessons

Who is your most underrated bass player?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who is your most underrated bass player?

Post  Amy_Mod on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:00 pm

People always have a favourite musician who's not getting the recognition that others might be. I think there are a lot of people out there who don't get as much kudos as they should so who is the bass player you think should be up there with the most frequently praised?

I'm going to kick it off with John Deacon from Queen. Highly underrated in my opinion. That guy had some solid lines and people always bang on about Brian May's licks. Well, I'd say John Deacon is up there with the greats.

The lesser known Dead on Time is a fine example and who can possibly forget Another One Bites The Dust?

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is your most underrated bass player?

Post  ThreeLetterSyndrom on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:29 am

Technically, Rudimental is not a bass player, but damn, that line on "Feel the Love" is awesome!

Likewise with a lot of other DJs in certain genres of Electronic Dance Music.

ThreeLetterSyndrom
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:45 pm

I still think Paul Mcartney is under-rated as a Bass player.  Probably because he sings, writes songs and has nice hair.

There's something about his lines that are odd….but work.

Also, Rocco Prestia from Tower of Power.  He's immense!

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:42 am

Bass player from Maximum The Hormone. He's so underrated that no one knows him by his real name. As a bassist he's sort of a more aggressive version of Flea. Not exactly unique, but I love what he does for the bass in the hardcore scene. In a genre where most bassists just follow the guitar this guy does something incredible. Of course there are others who do similar awesome stuff, but they're well known for it...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top