Free Bass guitar lessons

Website Suggestions/Improvement

Go down

Re: Website Suggestions/Improvement

Post  Drikus on Sun May 17, 2009 10:59 pm

Okay..

I sincerely think that you "missed the bus" just because it is not a clear picture.
I'm gonna do some statements now wich might be confronting (you putting so much efford in it and all..)

But here we go:
In the beginning.
Let's say: I'm a beginner and stumble over your site. Liking it but it has far too much information for me to destilate what I'm looking for.
I did! look further and finaly found what I was searching for but I can imagine that a lot of people will enter the return button and go on searching on other sites. Due to the difficulty to find what there looking for. To you it may seem "all clear" but it is actually not .

Why is that?
There is just too much information available on the home site. Where do I need to go? ... so many options !
What am I looking for? Can I find it ? Not realy, unless you want to find what youre looking for, then you go on, otherwise you "hit that return button"...

For example: I told you Yesterday, I want to buy your lessons.
But actually I'm not sure how to get them . And what will I get? Should I pay and download them?
Can I pay and get DVD's send by postal package? What?

I know that I can download them if I can pay with paypal, but are there other ways?
It's just not clear...
Besides I don't know If the premium lessons will do fine for me as a beginner . The word "premium" gives me the idea that that is not for beginners? I'm probably wrong and the word "premium" stands for "better quality", but again: I'm not shure...
In the end it prohibits me to actualy do the transaction and buy them..not shure.

Now I really dont give a f*ck what it stands for... just want to have them ! All of them ! I know that the quality of teaching will be the best there is. But still not really know "howtoo", especially since I have no paypal or credit card!

(had that discussion with you before when I wanted to buy you that Pint... remember? ...several pints actually... but didn't now howtoo without paypal or credit card... You could have been pretty drunk by now...or could have bought a new chair instaid of that hidious lavender green camping-chair.. )

So bottom line probably is that the site is just too confusing. Right, left, up or down there are too many items. I'm just not shure what to do on the site at first. That makes that people want to click away..

If I look a bit more, I certainly can find what I'm looking for, but at first its very (edit: i first typed: its a bit) confusing ..
The redirection to the blog doesn't help either: where do I need to go? To the site or to the blogsite? Hazy...

I can go on and on. But remind that is to help you consider why it is that "others" are millionaires by now and you aint...
I do realize that you think that you have the "greatest site" and it is actualy! but not realy to foreighn , not english speaking people.
For those people there are an awfull lot of questions not to be found on the site on how to do.

I'll give you mine example: I want to buy every lesson tutorial you ever made ! how to? I have no credit card or paypal, but I'm willing to pay, in advance, everyting by i-bank to your bankaccount. Just as I wanted to buy you those pints six months ago...
Howto ?

About the upset:
You really shoudn't hesitate to urn some bucks over the site, nobody cares if you make money over the site as long as they get some sort of inspiration to do what they want to do. That's your key : inspiration! And you already have a master degree in that !!
Look at me: I dont mind spending the bucks( just don't know how to) , I know ( as a lot of people) that you will be there to help me out if I get into trouble not knowing what to do next ! there's the site, forum , even email...
Believe me : people will get back to you anyway.
Of course there is the easy accesable website and beginners lessons. But I'm shure that no one would hesitate to pay a small fee for further lessons.
Leave the "free lessons" behind you, get them started, okay, but I think nobody cares if they have to pay a small fee for getting further.
I think that you should get them started with your inspiration and go on from there .

Pm me cause I'm full of ideas, and think I'm right !
Just not realy know how to put them in words.

Dont't know if I explained it all correctly . don't know ....

Hope that you slightly understand what I'm trying to say, excuse my bad english...

Last edited by Drikus on Sun May 17, 2009 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius on Sun May 17, 2009 11:14 pm

Heya, bud.

Ok, so basically, you are saying that I need to catergorise my lessons better? Or...create a lesson plan for people? As in, I should say do this lesson, then this lesson, then this lesson?

And I DO need to give people more payment options, you are right.

It's interesting what you said about premium lessons. Really interesting.

That is a really positive post, Drik. I'm thinking about it all the time now. If you have any more ideas, then defiantly get back to me. It's hard for me sometimes, because i'm the one creating the content. I don't see through the eyes of the beginner student, because I can't.

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 on Mon May 18, 2009 2:07 am

Dman.

I know youre willing to give personal lessons, and all. It says on your site and all

Have you ever though of advertising them, like with posters or whatever. [I only mean like, cheapass scuddy looking microsoft word printouts. Not professional photo-quality posters] or whatever

the one on one idea I think would get some. Maybe even if you leave it open so that people can get a second or third video the more they progress. Cause people develop bad habits when trying to progress. So they might need a second or third.
I wouldnt say to do more then one for complete free. Cause there might be someone who wants thirty. and just keeps bugging you and you cant turn him down.
But Im not 100% sure on your plans for someones second video.

Ill add more later. Im busy moving so I just got called, so Ill finish this post, maybe wednesday.
ttyt

EDIT: Real quickly, you should do that idea about the DVD, maybe someone can pay X amount extra to get one posted?
they tell you where they live. grab a quote, attatch a small percentage to it[cost of DVD, how many lessons they want on it + profit(obviously). and yeah

Also, question. Did gigging bring much income?
For some people it does and others it doesnt. Im just curious. Not asking for personal direct figures just a yes or no Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Drikus on Mon May 18, 2009 2:30 am

Yes.. in all catagories
You know it already...

Let me know. I'll help you h.huizer@hetnet.nl

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 on Mon May 18, 2009 6:47 am

Alright, Im back, more suggestions for teh moneez.
You could add onto what I said earlier
Like with the DVD
But instead of compiling the premium lessons, you could either record some more beginner > intermediate lessons that flow more into each other, kinda thing. If you get what I mean.. Or you could [if possible] compile all of your free and/or lessons onto DVD and people can buy that.
What I thinks not too bad for the DVD idea, is that you only need to make a template for the DVD, then burn them as people order them.
crap. stupid moving. okay Ill write more LATER >.<!

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy on Mon May 18, 2009 6:58 am

It'd be good if the lessons were in some sort of order.. just like lesson 1, lesson 2 etc.
As for money... maybe a one time membership? Sign up and pay x amount and you get all of the premium lessons plus future premium lessons at no extra cost.
I dunno.. i'll try and come up with something better cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Smaz on Mon May 18, 2009 10:45 am

This are the posts from the Dman's interview thread - enjoi!

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 on Mon May 18, 2009 11:51 am

Fuzzy Dice, thats a good idea.
That can go in the website improvement column, me thinks. But his lessons are fairly inexpensive. the whole lot wouldnt cost that much. so there mightnt be a large revenue. plus it sounds kinda hard to implement for what it is..
But every suggestion is good!
Just need to get Dmans brain working.
Could always bring out a solo album, or something like that. But what do I know, rly.
Ill add more when I think of some

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 on Mon May 18, 2009 12:11 pm

Drakon7 wrote:
Could always bring out a solo album, or something like that.

An album of music from everyone in the forum's bands!!! XD

I also like the membership idea. Or maybe there can be a subscription which can be paid monthly or yearly or something like that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius on Mon May 18, 2009 11:22 pm

Right, so many ideas!

Drik, everyone, I've been playing with this lesson tree idea all day. I think it works pretty well. What do you guys think?

(There are a couple of problems with it that i'll clean up tomorrow)

Dmanlamius Lesson Tree.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy on Tue May 19, 2009 12:16 am

the lesson tree is perfect
thanks Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius on Tue May 19, 2009 12:40 am

Drakon7 wrote:Dman.

I know youre willing to give personal lessons, and all. It says on your site and all

Have you ever though of advertising them, like with posters or whatever. [I only mean like, cheapass scuddy looking microsoft word printouts. Not professional photo-quality posters] or whatever

the one on one idea I think would get some. Maybe even if you leave it open so that people can get a second or third video the more they progress. Cause people develop bad habits when trying to progress. So they might need a second or third.
I wouldnt say to do more then one for complete free. Cause there might be someone who wants thirty. and just keeps bugging you and you cant turn him down.
But Im not 100% sure on your plans for someones second video.

Ill add more later. Im busy moving so I just got called, so Ill finish this post, maybe wednesday.
ttyt

EDIT: Real quickly, you should do that idea about the DVD, maybe someone can pay X amount extra to get one posted?
they tell you where they live. grab a quote, attatch a small percentage to it[cost of DVD, how many lessons they want on it + profit(obviously). and yeah

Also, question. Did gigging bring much income?
For some people it does and others it doesnt. Im just curious. Not asking for personal direct figures just a yes or no Razz

Thanks, fuzzy!

Ok Drak, my band didn't really earn too much, because we were playing original material. It's harder to promote and earn from your own material. We were offered a damn good contract by a good label, but turned it down as you know. That was after years of work, though...

I have a lot of musician friends, and a lot earn a damn good living from it. Some gig every weekend and are in such high demand, they can earn from it. Some are jazz musicians. Some are duos. At the moment, the real money is in function bands. Weddings and stuff, just doing covers. You can literally earn thousands at them.

I won't, though.

Back to top Go down

Post  McSnuggles on Tue May 19, 2009 12:45 am

SuperMaximo93 wrote:An album of music from everyone in the forum's bands!!! XD

I can get audio downloaded off anything streaming so if you guys post enough videos of everyone's music I'll do it. We would just need enough other people to have a good size album without 10 Dman songs. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 on Tue May 19, 2009 5:53 am

That lesson tree you did is really nice! Very Happy

McSnuggles wrote:
SuperMaximo93 wrote:An album of music from everyone in the forum's bands!!! XD

I can get audio downloaded off anything streaming so if you guys post enough videos of everyone's music I'll do it. We would just need enough other people to have a good size album without 10 Dman songs. Smile

Cool Very Happy I'll be getting my new sound card and S/PDIF optical cable soon, so I'll be able to put up a high quality recording of something Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down