Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back in business....

+3
SuperMaximo93
Dmanlamius
mistawac
7 posters

Go down

Back in business.... Empty Back in business....

Post  mistawac Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:41 pm

Finally got my tuner yesterday and am back in business. I think I've been playing this thing horribly out of tune since I got it because right now it sounds WORLDS better than it used to on all four strings.
mistawac
mistawac

Back to top Go down

Back in business.... Empty Re: Back in business....

Post  Dmanlamius Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:54 pm

Sweet!

My last in the beginners lessons will be a lesson on tuning!

Alternate tunings, how to tune, how to use a tuner, and how to tune with harmonics.

Hopefully, it'll give you a few tips that can help ya tune a bit quicker, or not rely on a tuner. Smile
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  mistawac Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:57 pm

That'd be amazing, actually. There are a few songs that I want to learn that take Drop D or somethin strange sounding and I'm really kind of hesitant to attempt to tune it down.

Can't wait to see those!
mistawac
mistawac

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:21 pm

Yeah, I hate it when there's no tuner around! But you should learn to tune by ear. All you need is a reference note.

A couple weeks ago the guitarist and I were in a pawn shop (which The Who went to once, apparently Smile ) and there was a 80's Ibanez there which I tried which was pretty out of tune. Luckily my friend had a tuner aid on his phone that would play different notes. So he played a G, and I was able to tune up and have some fun Very Happy That Ibanez was really good for slapping btw, but fingerstyle felt a little uncomfortable. It must have been that the string spacing was more than I was used to...

Anyway! Learn to tune by ear man, and it'll get you out of all sorts of sticky situations Smile
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:28 am

I don't own a tuner. I always just used songs, but then I figure out there were tuners online. Don't know the exact links. Just google it.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:11 am

I got one of those korg chromatic tuners.. easy to use and i dont need to fiddle with the flats or anything to get to drop C
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Protoplm Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:17 am

Fuzzydice45 wrote:I got one of those korg chromatic tuners.. easy to use and i dont need to fiddle with the flats or anything to get to drop C

Same thing here. I still advocate learning to tune by ear, even if harmonics is all you can use - it's much quicker once you get the hang of it.
Protoplm
Protoplm

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:10 pm

It's strange, I don't trust my ear enough to not use a tuner. But when I tune up I tend not to look at the tuner and tune till I feel its ok, when I look down the tuner tells me its in tune. But I still wont tune without one, strange. Just to note, if you're ever in a recording situation, no matter how much you trust your ear, use a tuner, and use the same tuner for everyone in the band.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down