Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I feeling down

4 posters

Go down

I feeling down Empty I feeling down

Post  Faceslide Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:41 am

I've been really bogged down with work lately ( I work two jobs) and havent gotten much time at all to play my bass. I feel like Im neglecting the poor fella. Anyone else had stages like this?
Oh and on another topic, I really want to get in a band to jam but it never seems to follow through, any suggestions?
Faceslide
Faceslide

Back to top Go down

I feeling down Empty Re: I feeling down

Post  Dmanlamius Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:55 am

I'm right where you are at the moment bud, so don't get down! *Thinks whismically* it's like a passing storm, and sooner or later it will go...

I'm ubero busy at the moment. At least I was....the past few days. Didn't pick up el-basso for a week!

But sometimes it's good to get away from it. It feels fresh when you get back on. Make you appreciate it more.

Trying to start a band, huh? Musicians are fickle things. Lazy, some might say. Persevere and show a bit of passion, and people will take notice. Sometimes you have to inject some "oompf" into potential bandmates.
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeLetterSyndrom Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:09 pm

What I did was to get professional help. I joined this thing called 'The Popfactory' at my local music school. Basically, you choose some people to play with (or get stuck with some of the other registrants) and form a band coordinated by a profession music teacher. You choose your own songs, play them your way.
The coach's there to help in making it sound good and just the general being a band. Also, performances are taken care off. All you really have to do is get there, maybe soundcheck and play. Also, a good thing is that you can get great tips while practicing!

Perhaps there's something like that in your neighbourhood, too. I highly recommend it Smile

ThreeLetterSyndrom
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Faceslide Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:38 am

Thats awesome, I live in a college town so there are musicians everywhere, Its just like Dman said though, Most of them dont have the drive to actually cement any kind of serious commitment.
Faceslide
Faceslide

Back to top Go down

Post  McSnuggles Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:27 am

Well if you're in college and you can't find a band, you can always room with musicians. Then you kind of have to play together. Razz May not work out all that well if you hate their guts though.

Or you could try to find some place that has open mics. Just do a few songs there one night. Might be a bit weird on bass. If you're good at improv, improv some jazz or something. If it's a cafe they'll love it. Razz Then someone might talk to you about being in a band and it's a good way to just play.
McSnuggles
McSnuggles

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down