Post  Admin on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:23 am

And here is my version of the ending:

Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: learn simple Bass riffs: Under the bridge

Post  Guzco on Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:00 pm

Great lesson, I love that song and it was easy to learn.

Are planning on ever teaching the ending?

Back to top Go down

Post  general lee on Sun May 10, 2009 6:55 pm

Dman, is that Telecaster in the back yours?

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius on Sun May 10, 2009 10:04 pm

Yea man!

Love that tele...

It's a bit ill, though. I need to re-solder it's insides. Major loose connection there.

Back to top Go down

Incredible

Post  Dr.Sterni on Sat May 16, 2009 12:27 pm

Whohoooooooo!!!!

Another song for me to learn Very Happy Thanks Kris!!!! This is really amazing. A littble bit fast explained for a complete beginner like me (playing for 4 weeks only Sad ) at first, but I'll work on it.

The first chorus is already "mine" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Please keep up the good work!

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Sterni on Mon May 18, 2009 10:23 pm

Ah, wait... I found a mistake on your "main" website (www.dmanlamius.com):

In the section "Learn to play" on that site the like to "Under the bridge" leads to the lesson of "Creep" by Radiohead.

Could you fix that link, please? I usually get trapped if I don't use the forums to get to the lessons Very Happy

Thanks a bunch^^

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius on Mon May 18, 2009 10:36 pm

Heya, dude. Yea, im changing a lot of stuff at the moment. For some strange reason, it's messed up a lot of links within my site.

So i'll spend tomorrow cleaning them up. Again! Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Sterni on Mon May 18, 2009 10:37 pm

poor guy!

don't give up! sooner or later it's all there^^

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius on Mon May 18, 2009 10:38 pm

Actually, looking at it now, those links are working ok for me?

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Sterni on Mon May 18, 2009 10:42 pm

well, yeah when you click on that link you'll be lead toward the right text and all that kind of stuff... but the video is the wrong one. you even mention it after your welcome, that it's creep...

sorry if my sentence was completely unclear... i'm trying hard to write some understandable english, but it doesn't work too often lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius on Mon May 18, 2009 10:44 pm

Ohhhhhhh! I see!

I'll change it now *slaps forehead*.

I've spent the day creating that lesson tree on the main page. What do you think, Doc?

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Sterni on Mon May 18, 2009 10:47 pm

Just great, man!

Thanks a lot for that. It helps so much finding the "right" lessons for anybody, I think! Good work!

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius on Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:02 am

Ending is added!

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  keizer on Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:50 pm

Thanks Kris! bounce

I am working on this now ..... perfection first ... then the speed will come I hope

What should I set my metronome at to get my timming right?

Back to top Go down

Post  Garth on Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:14 pm

Check out the song on youtube keizer, nothing better than the speed it's being actually played. Razz

Anyways, thanks Kris! I've been awaiting this too and now have Under the Bridge..... well.... under the bridge Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guzco on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:53 pm

keizer wrote:Thanks Kris! bounce

I am working on this now ..... perfection first ... then the speed will come I hope

What should I set my metronome at to get my timming right?

The entire song after the bass comes in is at 86 BPM.

Back to top Go down

Post  keizer on Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:19 am

Thanks guys

I wanted the BPM so I can work on keeping time better (its something I need to work on over all)

Dmans video on keeping time has helped me as well

Back to top Go down

Post  general lee on Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:51 pm

A seagull!

Back to top Go down

Hey dman Help!!!!

Post  chemorro on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:28 pm

I need to learn this song in 3 weeks and i can only practice 1 day a week pale so i was wondering i am playing the whole song and i have to memeorize it and the worst thing is i haven't played bass but i have played guitar and im not very good.

So i was wondering if i really try think i can get the song in 3 weeks?

I am desperate for help and my friends are counting on me another friend of mine is going to play the drums and another one the guitar and they already know their part and i haven't even started on mine but i have seen your videos and I hope that they are enough to make me memorize it

Please anwser soon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:43 pm

I think you can do it, but one day a week means you'll basically have to have it down in three days. If you can squeeze in more practice I would strongly advise you to do so.
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackdragon on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:57 pm

I would not recomend the one day a week thing, if it can be avoided...
I've heard(and agree) that you learn more in 5 minutes a day, for a week. then a single 1 hour sitting for a week.

I dont thing anyone here can give you shortcuts(if we could, we'd be selling books), you can only pratice. Realy the only thing i can say is if you realy want to learn this that you need to make the time for it.

Also whats the song? maybe we can make tabs for you, or some are already out there... or someone might take te time to do a lesson.

Back to top Go down

Thanks

Post  chemorro on Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:15 am

Well thank you all for your help but trust me if i could squeeze in more time i would do the thing is i dont have a bass its a friend of mine and the amplifier is another friend of mine
so we only do band practice 1 day a week and that's fridays and i already have the tabs the thing is its easier hearing someone do it than reading it from a tab i am hoping that if i get the rythm of the song i can do the part and the song is not really hard or so i have heard its :under the bridge by the red hot chili peppers

Red Hot Chili Peppers: Under The Bridge

Thank you for your support if you have any more tips you can give me or just cheer for me i will log on every day I really hope to finish the song because its for a contest and its really important to me and my friends who are counting on me

My e-mail is chema_sala@hotmail.com if you have anything that can be helpfull please reply

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackdragon on Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:31 am

If you realy need to learn to play, then i recomend getting a lend of that bass, you'll need it if your friend wants you to learn to play(i assume (s)he does?)
An amp isnt needed, i needed one when i stated, but now i can pick up on the sounds realy easy. Try playing it without the amp to see if you realy even need it.

(i feel like a dumbass for asking what song, what get for not checking the topic title...)
BTW- no offence or anything, but your aware that the first post is Dman teaching that song right?
Anyway, i recomend you watch the video close, and at least try to act out the movement, try to get the idea at least, so maybe when you play you'll get the muscle memory faster. So air bass ftw?

If you intend to stick with bass you should get your own, and for the sake of having something to do try out this site - http://www.studybass.com/lessons/bass-technique/
You will never be able to get far without playing, so having a bass to play is essential as far as i can tell, but a bit of theory can go a long way.
But remember, pratice, you'll never get better without it.

Back to top Go down

TY that solves 1 problem but not the other ones

Post  chemorro on Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:58 am

Do you think you can play with a guitar instead of a bass just to practice? the thing is if i get lent a bass still the song is a little hard or maybe im just a noob but the thing is that I dont think i can learn it and many people think i can but the site you showed me well it says that it's almost frickin impossible to learn that song in 3 weeks and yeah it says about air bass but I am a BIG dumass and I can't play it im a frickin idiot so thanks for the advice it helped me a lot.

P.S:If I do make it then i will make a donation to Dman's forum. i really like all the help here thanks to all the forum members and Dman also cuz he helped me a lot so wish me luck cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next