Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Your Favourite Song Learned!! ( past or future )

+33
Lassepetri
Impulse101
broxibass
caliburn50
Nocturnal_Pulse
Bass Mon
Hutch
Blackdragon
Southernstar
Guzco
mts
akyra
FranR
Dropthelines585
KrysH
maxf13
kakariko-tramp
willba
Rushfan30
Pastichio
Cliff em' all
Stryfer
SuperMaximo93
newbiebassist
Pippynip
uglymutt
Fuzzy
Dylan hergs
Smaz
Drakon7
BlackF89
Some freaky guy
Frog-on-Abass
37 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Post Your Favourite Song Learned!! ( past or future ) Empty Post Your Favourite Song Learned!! ( past or future )

Post  Frog-on-Abass Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:28 pm

this is my first post ever thanks to max Very Happy. Im not sure if this idea is out there or not if it is just inform me and ill remove it. As the title states. Your favourite song that u've learned or would LOVE to learn in the future! Provide tabs if u can and ask for tabs if u dont see em. Mine is City escape By crush 40. its a little slap piece thats easy to learn and fun to play! its very intresting. here's a link to a great bassist on youtube playing it Smile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-SGrzkmh4k Enjoy guys. PS. im kinda new to posting so any tips would help Embarassed

Frog-on-Abass

Back to top Go down

Post Your Favourite Song Learned!! ( past or future ) Empty Re: Post Your Favourite Song Learned!! ( past or future )

Post  Some freaky guy Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:32 pm

My favourite song from the ones I already know has to be Supermassive Black Hole by Muse. Self-tabbed and everything Smile
Some freaky guy
Some freaky guy
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post Your Favourite Song Learned!! ( past or future ) Empty Thanks.

Post  Frog-on-Abass Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:35 pm

Thank you for sharin Very Happy. Glad to See a response! thanks for the reccomendation Very Happy

Frog-on-Abass

Back to top Go down

Post Your Favourite Song Learned!! ( past or future ) Empty Re: Post Your Favourite Song Learned!! ( past or future )

Post  BlackF89 Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:09 pm

My favorite that I've learned so far has probably got to be Mast Blaster (Jammin) by the great Stevie Wonder Smile

I really want to learn Kalamazoo by Primus though >< afro
BlackF89
BlackF89

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakon7 Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:53 pm

Protest The Hero - Sequoia Throne is favourite at the moment

Hopefully in future I can play Viridian - BTBAM
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  Smaz Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:45 pm

Moved this to General Chat, rather than suggestions Smile

Favourite thing? But there's too many!

I'd guess I'd go for Love Foolosophy or Runaway by Jamiroquai - those basslines are godlike Smile
Smaz
Smaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Dylan hergs Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:08 am

favorite song....ummm....ill have to say hallelujah (D mans bass cover one Smile ) and walk about by the peppers
Dylan hergs
Dylan hergs

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:17 am

My favourite so far would probably be Holy Diver by Killswitch Engage.
But I'm learning Monochromatic Stains by Dark Tranquillity and that'll probably be my new fav.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  uglymutt Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:28 am

As it was the first song i learnt and tought me loads about writing a bass line i'll have to second some freaky guy's choice of supermassive black hole.

Also Nivram buy the Shadows, the first bass solo i learnt as well as the first proper song i learnt by reading bass clef Smile
Good idea for a thread by the way
uglymutt
uglymutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:58 am

Fuzzydice45 wrote:My favourite so far would probably be Holy Diver by Killswitch Engage Dio.
But I'm learning Monochromatic Stains by Dark Tranquillity and that'll probably be my new fav.

RAGE Razz

I think my favourite so far is Driven Like The Snow by Sisters of Mercy, Express Yourself by Charles Wright (or NWA), or In The Black by Motorhead.

Future... probably Mr. Pink by Level 42, or Superstition by Stevie Wonder.

I'm very decisive, me Smile
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:01 am

The Dio version is a bit bleh Very Happy
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  newbiebassist Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:56 am

Only just started playing the bass so cant really play anything yet!

I am trying to start off playing bass lines from old 60s classics like Sunny Afternoon by The Kinks and Stand By Me by Ben E King.

My dream is to play like the great Sir Steve Harris (I know he aint knighted but he bloddy should be)! Once I have mastered playing the bass and found my comfotrtable way of playing I would love to be able to play any of Iron Maidens tracks!

newbiebassist

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:12 am

Pow by Graham Central Station Smile I play the main riff at least once everyday without fail cheers
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:19 pm

There are so many songs I know and love and my favourite one changes weekly/monthly and sometimes daily XD

At the moment I would go for Transylvania by Iron Maiden.

Also, newbassman (don't want to call you a newbie Razz), I've spent most of my playing time trying to get Harris' technique. It's extremely difficult. Not only because it's demanding, powerful and fast, but also because there is a lack of lessons on his play style. I think I managed to get the core of his playing down though.
Here's two songs I covered that Smaz uploaded sometime in the past:
http://smaz.co.uk/bass/stryferaceshigh.mp3
http://smaz.co.uk/bass/stryferwickerman.mp3

If you'd like, I could help you out in your goal.

One of the first songs I ever learned was Hallowed be Thy Name. That was after about 2-3 months of playing.

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Post Your Favourite Song Learned!! ( past or future ) Empty Whops...

Post  Frog-on-Abass Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:50 pm

yea this should've been in general chat. Glad to see my first post ever to pick up so fast Very Happy thanks guys. ill try learning some of the favourite songs here. the reason i posted this is that i need intresting bass lines to learn and i knew i'd get something out of this Razz selfish huh lol!

Frog-on-Abass

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:08 pm

In that case, my favourite rock song from the black & white period is Keep On Running by The Spencer Davis Group. Best bass groove ever! Smile

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliff em' all Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:47 pm

Eyehategod - Sisterfucker

Fell the fuckin' groove.
Cliff em' all
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:45 pm

Good Times Bad Times,The Lemon Song and Ramble On by Led Zeppelin.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rushfan30 Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:47 pm

Mine would have to be Petty Little Ditty by RHCP or Limelight by Rush. Currently working on Vital Signs by Rush, I'm thinking once I get it down and smooth I'm gonna love it!
Very Happy
Rushfan30
Rushfan30

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:18 pm

Oh yea! Not many people I've seen who mention Pretty Little Ditty, loved it though Very Happy

Anyway, I have a few to add: Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Iron Maiden (although it's difficult for a beginner), Throw Away Your Television by RHCP (you might have trouble getting the main line down) and I Can't Get No Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones (easy and very awesome to play!)

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Post Your Favourite Song Learned!! ( past or future ) Empty :: Post Your Favourite Song Learned!! ( past or future )

Post  willba Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:56 pm

1.Pantera-Cowboys from Hell

2.Jamiroquai-Runaway

3.Slayer-Raining blood
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  kakariko-tramp Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:52 pm

as of yet it'd probably be the four horsemen
kakariko-tramp
kakariko-tramp

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:15 pm

there is obviously only one condender for this

RATM - BOMBTRACK

clearly no other song can measure itself with the awesomeness of that
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  KrysH Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:14 am

Anything by Yves carbonne, that sound is so smooth I want to bathe in it!!!! Cool
KrysH
KrysH

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:10 am

It's between Marcus Miller's "Strum" or Primus' "Groundhog Day"
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next