Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Your Favourite Song Learned!! ( past or future )

+33
Lassepetri
Impulse101
broxibass
caliburn50
Nocturnal_Pulse
Bass Mon
Hutch
Blackdragon
Southernstar
Guzco
mts
akyra
FranR
Dropthelines585
KrysH
maxf13
kakariko-tramp
willba
Rushfan30
Pastichio
Cliff em' all
Stryfer
SuperMaximo93
newbiebassist
Pippynip
uglymutt
Fuzzy
Dylan hergs
Smaz
Drakon7
BlackF89
Some freaky guy
Frog-on-Abass
37 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Post Your Favourite Song Learned!! ( past or future ) - Page 2 Empty Re: Post Your Favourite Song Learned!! ( past or future )

Post  uglymutt Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:43 am

Hmmm.....
would have to be the bass solo to Mercy, Mercy, Mercy.
One of the first pieces i learnt, good melody and just interesting to play as you can put your own expression on it.
uglymutt
uglymutt

Back to top Go down

Post Your Favourite Song Learned!! ( past or future ) - Page 2 Empty Re: Post Your Favourite Song Learned!! ( past or future )

Post  Some freaky guy Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:52 pm

I have upgraded from SMBH to Hysteria Very Happy
Some freaky guy
Some freaky guy
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  FranR Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:08 pm

My fav song I learned first was Billy Jean by Michael Jackson. Another fav was Sweet Home Alabama
FranR
FranR

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:52 pm

Flake by Jack Johnson I know its a simple bass line but I just looove the song Smile
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  mts Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:51 am

Queens of the stone age - No one knows
jamiroquai - Cosmic girl
Tool - Schism
mts
mts

Back to top Go down

Post  Guzco Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:40 pm

Pippynip wrote:
Fuzzydice45 wrote:My favourite so far would probably be Holy Diver by Killswitch Engage Dio.
But I'm learning Monochromatic Stains by Dark Tranquillity and that'll probably be my new fav.

RAGE Razz

YES, I love you pippynip just because of that.
Guzco
Guzco

Back to top Go down

Post  Southernstar Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:12 am

Well, my first song ever on a bass guitar was Pink Floyd - Another brick in the wall, that's how I got started and I still love to play that song!
Southernstar
Southernstar

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:33 am

The dio version sucks, its so.. bleh.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Southernstar Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:43 am

Maybe, anyway that was the first so it's special. Very Happy
Southernstar
Southernstar

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:17 am

Hehe XD He meant the Dio version of the above posted song - Holy Driver.

Another Brick in the Wall is awesome! Have you tried the Korn version? The bass part is a real bashfest!

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Southernstar Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:20 am

Well sorry , my head is in the sky somewhere ,
Embarassed
Yes I did try that version it's great!
Southernstar
Southernstar

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:12 am

Teenage Dirtbag XD First song I learned.. I still love it Smile
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:51 am

Fuzzy wrote:The dio version sucks, its so.. bleh.

Funnily enough, the reason I don't like the Killswitch Engage version is because it's got so much... wankery in it Razz

's the only way I can describe it, lol Razz
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackdragon Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:07 am

Pippynip wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:The dio version sucks, its so.. bleh.

Funnily enough, the reason I don't like the Killswitch Engage version is because it's got so much... wankery in it Razz

's the only way I can describe it, lol Razz

I looked it up, and i found out wankery has a meaning relating to bass/guitar...
'Most times, Guitar/bass wankery is when a guitarist/bassist makes excessive use of soloing and techniques such as shrills, taps, slaps & pops, slides, bends, sweeps and the like to the point where its nothing but self satisfaction.'

I guessed it to be this one tho(its why i looked it up)...
'Adjective describing that which has the properies of a wanker.'
(i thought you were calling the song to Brittish...) Razz
Blackdragon
Blackdragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Hutch Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:48 am

akyra
Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:12 am

Oh hahahaha, Wheatus... I was still young, err, I mean really young when they were popular and loved that song. Ashamed to admit, I still kind of do :p

For me, I can really only say Avenged Sevenfold's Bat Country, as it's the only song I really know from one end to the other. It will be YYZ though, as soon as I can work it all out.

On a completely different note, someone really needs to tell me how to quote properly.
Hutch
Hutch

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackdragon Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:52 am

Code:
[quote="Hutch"]message here[/quote]
then you get
Hutch wrote:message here

I would say 11am by incubus for me, im not quite done the song but i find its fun to play.
Blackdragon
Blackdragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:29 am

Hutch wrote:
akyra
Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:12 am

Oh hahahaha, Wheatus... I was still young, err, I mean really young when they were popular and loved that song. Ashamed to admit, I still kind of do :p

For me, I can really only say Avenged Sevenfold's Bat Country, as it's the only song I really know from one end to the other. It will be YYZ though, as soon as I can work it all out.

On a completely different note, someone really needs to tell me how to quote properly.

Good Luck. Definitely a tall order there.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hutch Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:39 pm

It certainly is, at this point I doubt I'll be even be finished by the end of the year lol! I started about a week ago, and I'm still having trouble with the ending of the intro... I probably shouldn't even be trying to tackle it at my skill level, but I can't help myself. It just sounds so awesome. And I know the ending will be incredibly rewarding.

EDIT: Ohh I forgot to thank Blackdragon, so thanks!
Hutch
Hutch

Back to top Go down

Post  Bass Mon Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:31 am

I'm working on YYZ as well
i Love to play Tom Sawyer fun basic bass line

Bass Mon

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:11 am

Cranberries: Zombie was so fun and educative that every begginer should start with it!
Nocturnal_Pulse
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:38 am

Agoraphobia - incubus XD
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  caliburn50 Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:19 pm

At the moment i've got comfortably numb done, playing as well as in life Sleep
working on wall part 2, money and some searchers for the other guys
caliburn50
caliburn50

Back to top Go down

Post  willba Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:14 pm

Finished learning Sleep Melody Sleep (without the lesson). So addictive to play Very Happy

Started learning it ages ago and kinda forgot about it for about 6 months, now its finally done!
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post Your Favourite Song Learned!! ( past or future ) - Page 2 Empty favourite song to play....

Post  broxibass Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:47 pm

Love playing creep... the very 1st song I learned
broxibass
broxibass

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:53 pm

willba wrote:Finished learning Sleep Melody Sleep (without the lesson). So addictive to play Very Happy

Started learning it ages ago and kinda forgot about it for about 6 months, now its finally done!

I love to just sit there and play that for half an hour Smile
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next