Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tuning very low

3 posters

Go down

tuning very low Empty tuning very low

Post  zsquad Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:12 am

i have a 4 string and i was planning on eventually learning a song that is played on a 5 string. its normally tuned to half step down, and there arent too many notes on the G string and can easily be transposed to the D string. is it possible to tune my strings as if they were B,E,A, and D rather than E, A, D, and G? cuz going from an E to a Bb is quite a big jump... i was wondering if the strings would be too loose after such a tuning. but this tuning would make the song pretty playable considering i have one less string than normal. thanks!

zsquad

Back to top Go down

tuning very low Empty Re: tuning very low

Post  SuperMaximo93 Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:50 am

Yes, the strings will be a bit slack after you've tuned down, but might tighten up a tiny bit when the neck adjusts. Your strings will alsways be a loose though unless you invest in some higher gauge strings or even a BEAD set. Your current strings will do you fine if its just one song but if you want to stay in that tuning you should buy some new strings. Or get a 5 string bass Smile
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Spoon Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:07 am

your stringsmay rattle a little if tuned too low.
Spoon
Spoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down