Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 string spainish guitar (played by a russian) but pure talent nevertheless...

+5
akyra
Smaz
Dropthelines585
uglymutt
phil
9 posters

Go down

6 string spainish guitar (played by a russian) but pure talent nevertheless... Empty 6 string spainish guitar (played by a russian) but pure talent nevertheless...

Post  phil Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:23 am

ok he plays a 6 stringer, but i think you guys would appreciate his skill: hammers on's, slap and pop, harmonics the dude's got it all.
whatcha think??

Last edited by phil on Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
phil
phil

Back to top Go down

6 string spainish guitar (played by a russian) but pure talent nevertheless... Empty Re: 6 string spainish guitar (played by a russian) but pure talent nevertheless...

Post  uglymutt Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:41 am

He's pretty good. But i thought this was a thread about six string basses.....
uglymutt
uglymutt

Back to top Go down

6 string spainish guitar (played by a russian) but pure talent nevertheless... Empty Re: 6 string spainish guitar (played by a russian) but pure talent nevertheless...

Post  Dropthelines585 Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:47 am

I, too. am feeling a little mislead.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  phil Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:01 am

sorry 'bout that fella's, this is the everything else section, i presumed it to be everything else other than bass.
i shall sort it immediatly!
phil
phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:56 pm

It's cool
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Smaz Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:42 am

This guy is pretty good at the same thing:

I still think this is one of the most beautiful pieces I've ever heard on a classical guitar...

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:22 pm

He is just awesome Smile
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Dropthelines585 Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:00 am

Andy McKee inspires a lot of my music.
Dropthelines585
Dropthelines585
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  KrysH Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:39 am

Andy McKee reminds me a lot of Newton Faulkner's style of playing - in fact Newton has had guitars specifically designed with reinforced and resonant areas of the body included so his rythmic use of the soundboard and the bouts of the guitar sound better and don't damage things.

I forget who was Newton's teacher and inspiration but he was someone just as awesome.

Setting aside the slapping etc, a lot of the Gordon Giltrap pieces that I used to play involve altered tunings and lots of tapping and hammering on which tho sounding complex actually makes them easier to play and makes the piece flow better because it goes down the whole economy of movement road.

I saw him at Pacific Road Arts center at the International Guitar Festival where I live and he was unbelievable, everybody was entranced by his playing, of course that was when I wasn't drooling over his new fan fretted 12 string he had recently had made for him. Then there was his rendition of Queen's God Save the Queen played above his head on a Ukelele fitted with a humbucker lol.

Cool
KrysH
KrysH

Back to top Go down

Post  Aster Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:28 pm

He's pretty good, but I wouldn't say he's talented... I prefer Andy McKee, he IS talented

Aster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guzco Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:36 pm

That was awesome, I can't even imagine how long it took to be able to do that.
Guzco
Guzco

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackF89 Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:42 pm

Aster wrote:He's pretty good, but I wouldn't say he's talented... I prefer Andy McKee, he IS talented

He's not as good on guitar as Andy, but to say that Newton isn't talented is a bit silly imo
BlackF89
BlackF89

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum