Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infectious Grooves

+4
akyra
BlackF89
danthewelshy
willba
8 posters

Go down

Infectious Grooves Empty Infectious Grooves

Post  willba Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:17 pm

Has anyone heard of them? They are literally infectious and have some of the best bass lines ive ever heard! Its Rob Trujilo (Metallica) creating this awesomesness. Listening to it, it sounds like hes wasted on Metallica skill-wise.

willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Infectious Grooves Empty Re: Infectious Grooves

Post  danthewelshy Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:33 pm

nice find. If you didn't say who was playing bass on it I would have guessed miller.
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  willba Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:21 pm

I only found out because Ive watched the Metallica documentary, Some kind of monster about 3 times and it mentions Rob trujilos previous bands and i decided to search them. Very Happy
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackF89 Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:59 pm

A metal head I worked with got me on to them, quite snazzy,
BlackF89
BlackF89

Back to top Go down

Post  akyra Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:00 am

That was awesome... I gotta get outta bed and get playing now
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmanlamius Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:18 am

I've loved these guys for years, and saw them years ago.

"Violent and funky" is probably my fav of their songs. Try and play that bass line without getting cramp! Very Happy I think he uses four fingers on his right hand, throughout...

Trujilo is wasted in Metallica. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for metallica, but he's capable of a lot more, musically. I've always found him to be an entertaining, technicaly great player to watch.

I don't get that when i see him in Metallica. No
Dmanlamius
Dmanlamius

Back to top Go down

Post  mts Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:52 pm

Infectious grooves really are something. I really like that first album. Second ad third are also really cool but havent heard anything newer than that. Would be cool to see them live some day.

Dmanlamius wrote:I've loved these guys for years, and saw them years ago.

"Violent and funky" is probably my fav of their songs. Try and play that bass line without getting cramp! Very Happy I think he uses four fingers on his right hand, throughout...

Trujilo is wasted in Metallica. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for metallica, but he's capable of a lot more, musically. I've always found him to be an entertaining, technicaly great player to watch.

He is too good for that band same thing if Les Claypool would have joined after Cliff died.

mts
mts

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliff em' all Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:08 pm

Yeah,exactly.This guy has probably created the easiest technical metallica songs.I mean Jason wasn't the best technician,but he CREATED something new that you'd love to play Wink
Cliff em' all
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  danthewelshy Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:12 pm

Cliff em' all wrote:

Yeah,exactly.This guy has probably created the easiest technical metallica songs.I mean Jason wasn't the best technician,but he CREATED something new that you'd love to play Wink

I bet he doesn't really care when he looks at his bank balance lol. To be fair he hasn't waisted his talent, its just hes known for something which he is quite frankly is better than. Hes still shown his worth in other area's of music.
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliff em' all Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:17 pm

danthewelshy wrote:
Cliff em' all wrote:

I bet he doesn't really care when he looks at his bank balance lol. To be fair he hasn't waisted his talent, its just hes known for something which he is quite frankly is better than. Hes still shown his worth in other area's of music.

Never questioned that!But he's a fuckin' GORILLA!And we love him!
Cliff em' all
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  willba Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:02 pm

Infectious Grooves Robert12

He does look very nethanderal doesnt he....

Also im gonna post a cover of the song i showed u guys at the start of this thread in a bit. Very Happy
The riffs vary so much though that its mainly improv, especially the solo-y bit. Very fun to play though and the perfect song to work on your improv skills Smile
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Macneil1 Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:28 pm

I've been listening to these for years, awesome band. The singer is Mike Muir who Trujillo also played with in Suicidal Tendencies.

Macneil1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum