Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOTF: Motown/Soul!

+8
maxf13
willba
Some freaky guy
Dropthelines585
Pippynip
BlackF89
akyra
Smaz
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SOTF: Motown/Soul! - Page 2 Empty SOTF: Motown/Soul!

Post  willba Fri May 28, 2010 5:40 pm

Im incredibly bored and it turns out I can play bass even with my war wound Very Happy

Also, if your busy Smaz, i sure someone else would be pleased to help out Smile
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

SOTF: Motown/Soul! - Page 2 Empty Re: SOTF: Motown/Soul!

Post  akyra Fri May 28, 2010 7:56 pm

You have a good point.

But really. No one is so busy that cant find 5 mins to post :p
akyra
akyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Fri May 28, 2010 8:16 pm

I think there should be a condition with SOTF (grr I keep typing SOFT) that is a new one doesn't get posted until most the songs have been covered. 'Cause otherwise why should Smaz take the time to post a load of songs for people to do if only 2 or 3 of them get covered?

I shouldn't really be saying this as I've not posted a cover yet... I don't have the equipment though Sad

I don't know the actual terms for these things, I just know them as big jacks and little jacks. I've got an adapter thingy that lets me plug little jacks into big sockets, but I need one that lets me plug big jacks into little sockets. Then I imagine I can plug that into the Line-In on my computer, use Audacity to edit the sound a bit then bob's your uncle. Does that sound feasible or is there a better way? My camera has terrible sound. Terrible video, too.
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

SOTF: Motown/Soul! - Page 2 Empty SOTF: Motown/Soul!

Post  willba Fri May 28, 2010 8:31 pm

Ill be able to record with my korg soon but for now my camera is ok. As for your idea Pip, that would mean that we would never have any other SOTF's, if we had to wait until all songs were covered it just would never happen, as we can see with this thread.
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Fri May 28, 2010 9:14 pm

yeah ive written a how to on this like 5 times already
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Fri May 28, 2010 9:47 pm

willba wrote:Ill be able to record with my korg soon but for now my camera is ok. As for your idea Pip, that would mean that we would never have any other SOTF's, if we had to wait until all songs were covered it just would never happen, as we can see with this thread.

Not all of them, just y'know, more than 2. We've got 3 here so it's all good Smile

And the recording guide... Everything past step 2, I know. It's step 2 I'm a little fuzzy on. My amp doesn't have a line-out and I don't want to use the headphone-out. Can I use the adapter I haven't got and plug my bass directly into my computer? Is that preferable to using headphone-out?
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Fri May 28, 2010 9:53 pm

well if you plug it directly into the pc i doubt that there will be enough output from the bass to actually record

im thinking if you get a splitter and plug that into the headphone out, then you can listen to the bass and still record
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Fri May 28, 2010 9:54 pm

K, I'll do that then. After all this I think I'm pretty much obligated to put up a cover now...
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2