Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie Alert!

+3
maxf13
lololiet
scarab
7 posters

Go down

Newbie Alert! Empty Newbie Alert!

Post  scarab Thu May 13, 2010 7:25 pm

Greetings all,

It's a public holiday today, and I borrowed a friend's bass so I can start my journey to learn to play the bass! I've spent the day watching DMans' vids and getting an idea of what lies ahead of me. Smile

I would like to get some advice of what to concentrate on. I'm going to be spending some time with the bass everyday and so and I want to maximize my time. I've got a metronome/tuner, Dmans' vids and a copy of some accelerated learning system called CG-X or something (has anyone else heard of it?), but I'm also hoping of getting additional advice and recommendations.

Thanks for reading! Smile

Cheers!

scarab

Back to top Go down

Newbie Alert! Empty Re: Newbie Alert!

Post  lololiet Thu May 13, 2010 7:58 pm

I'd say: go to Dman's website & follow the lessons there in the order of the lesson tree. That gets you a good basic understanding of qhat your actually doing, sort of. But then again, I'n a n00b too, so you might want to listen to advice of some more experienced players.
lololiet
lololiet
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Thu May 13, 2010 8:28 pm

lololiet wrote:I'd say: go to Dman's website & follow the lessons there in the order of the lesson tree. That gets you a good basic understanding of qhat your actually doing, sort of. But then again, I'n a n00b too, so you might want to listen to advice of some more experienced players.

agrees
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  Some freaky guy Thu May 13, 2010 8:32 pm

Work your way down the lesson tree, spend AT LEAST 15 minutes of practicing after each video. Preferably half an hour or more to make sure you've understood and mastered what was in the video. Learning how to read tabs and some other bits of theory is quite neat as well.
Some freaky guy
Some freaky guy
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Thu May 13, 2010 9:07 pm

Yeah, start slow and speed up and progress at your own pace. Also you may want to not play for so long at first as you could get blisters easily (unless you have callouses on your fingers already)... I played loads for the first week I got a bass and then was in pain for a couple weeks after lol! I used lots of plasters and cellotape to protect my fingers and played through the pain XD
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse Thu May 13, 2010 10:44 pm

Good luck in the journey of music!

Am a n00b too, follow DMan's lessons and practice at least 15min/day (I think one fellow already told you both)

Good luck! cheers
Nocturnal_Pulse
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  uglymutt Fri May 14, 2010 11:47 am

Practice everything you can and try out as much new stuff (techniques/songs/other things) as possible. You will end up deciding on what techniques suit each situation. If you want/need to know more things (e.g. how to play faster) please post.
Smile
uglymutt
uglymutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down