Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you currently learning to play?

+23
PSYCHOxBOB
Dr.Sterni
david2545
Timmyd045
lokki
bassblood
ThreeLetterSyndrom
Faceslide
Igastopheles
Protoplm
Drakon7
Sanalisnail
stickiler
agroupuk
Pastichio
McSnuggles
Redstarking
Nuck81
Smaz
general lee
Fuzzy
SuperMaximo93
stefk0
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What are you currently learning to play? Empty What are you currently learning to play?

Post  stefk0 Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:32 am

What song has been your last song to learn, what're you currently learning and stuff? Think we could use a thread like this, to liven up this forum.

I'm trying to learn Chromatic fantasy .. It's not going too well, but I'm determined to learn it, so no giving up Smile
stefk0
stefk0

Back to top Go down

What are you currently learning to play? Empty Re: What are you currently learning to play?

Post  SuperMaximo93 Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:41 am

Californication for me Cool But a simplified version (the verse riff is accurate though) 'cause I'm not bothered to learn it properly Razz
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

What are you currently learning to play? Empty Re: What are you currently learning to play?

Post  Fuzzy Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:19 am

carrion by parkway drive and arms of sorrow by killswitch engage
ive pretty much got arms of sorrow down.
carrion needs some more work, its really fast and i need to use drop B tuning..
when i get my new strings and amp i should be set Very Happy
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  general lee Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:31 am

Another Brick in The Wall by Pink Floyd
general lee
general lee

Back to top Go down

Post  Smaz Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:35 am

Hmm, I need to settle down & pick something..!

*Opens iTunes*

First song on shuffle: Wind Below - Rage Against the Machine.

Right.... That's that sorted then! cheers
Smaz
Smaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuck81 Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:33 pm

Sweet Child O mine

My Last Project was Foreplay/Longtime by Boston

And I learned a pretty Simple U2 line the other day in about five minutes lol

My Debate with the Guns and Roses is whether to use a pick or not, cuase the line was originally learned with a pick
Nuck81
Nuck81

Back to top Go down

Post  Redstarking Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:34 pm

Well the song I want to learn next is What is Hip? by Tower of Power, Looks easy enough but we will see Very Happy
Redstarking
Redstarking

Back to top Go down

Post  McSnuggles Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:38 pm

Just decided that I'm going to learn Bliss by Muse. I've always kind of wanted to learn it but now I have to since my friend learned the piano part. Razz
McSnuggles
McSnuggles

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastichio Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:41 pm

Led Zeppelin I & II, the idea is to play along to both albums. I'm on Dazed and Confused so I have awhile to go yet, I'm just waiting for the Lemon Song, that one is going to be alot of fun, I can play the bass solo already its just the rest I have to learn. In fact if there is anyone out there that is playing bass for awhile and they want to loosen up their hands around the fretboard then I suggest learning the bass solo from The Lemon Song, its like a big bass lesson. It's pretty much the basis of my playing style.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Smaz Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:02 pm

Redstarking wrote:Well the song I want to learn next is What is Hip? by Tower of Power, Looks easy enough but we will see Very Happy

My friend had to do that for Uni as part of a performance - he had to play it 6 times in the end! He said it's not too bad, but you need a lot of stamina - especially for 6 times through... cheers

Want me to see if I can get the sheet music off him if he's got them?
Smaz
Smaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Redstarking Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:46 pm

That would be awesome Smaz, it would help me out alot
Redstarking
Redstarking

Back to top Go down

Post  agroupuk Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:24 pm

I am working my way through the new Silversun Pickups album and trying to tab them by ear.

Also made a bass line for a couple of more 'folky' songs. Death Cab For Cutie 'Grapevine Fires' being my fave at the moment.
agroupuk
agroupuk

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuzzy Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:51 am

Fuzzydice45 wrote:carrion by parkway drive and arms of sorrow by killswitch engage
ive pretty much got arms of sorrow down.
carrion needs some more work, its really fast and i need to use drop B tuning..
when i get my new strings and amp i should be set Very Happy

and holy diver by killswitch engage (dio cover)
sweet song cheers
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  stickiler Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:06 pm

Well my current project, as insane as it is, is to learn "Stone Cold Bush" By the Red Hot Chili Peppers. i actually can play the whole song, except for the start of the solo, which i can almost play but i am a little bit too slow when playing Sad oh well just gotta practice some more.

stickiler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanalisnail Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:54 pm

I'm learning Sinister Minister by Bela Fleck & the Flecktones atm. Quite a frustrating song sometimes.

Sanalisnail

Back to top Go down

What are you currently learning to play? Empty Due to

Post  Drakon7 Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:04 am

Due to my short attention span, Im learning multiple songs at once <.<
Mostly to give me a reason to not throw the guitar, Ill just play something else <.<

But Im learning Calm Like A Bomb by RATM, I finished learning Californication.. yesterday, I think it was, Schism by Tool[It pretty much teaches itself] and of course, living on a prayer by bon jovi, but the only problem I have with that is that I get confused and play the wrong thing twice >.<
I finished You Give Love A Bad Name on monday, It took me alot of practice to make it sound decent, I was playing the notes too short and it sounded horrible Smile
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  stefk0 Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:18 am

Sounds like the next logical song for you is..

stefk0
stefk0

Back to top Go down

Post  Protoplm Sat May 02, 2009 12:01 am

Still working on Schism, Not Falling and Dig, but I got a big chunk on those. Currently obsessing over Cowboys From Hell - Pantera. The freind that game me the bass was complaining how hard it was, so i finally decided to take him up on that.... it's not that hard.

EDIT: What the **** @ the above. I may learn that if the voice stop's being so annoying..
Protoplm
Protoplm

Back to top Go down

Post  Igastopheles Tue May 05, 2009 7:31 pm

Still need to finish Anesthesia. I have maybe about half of it learned. And then I recently started trying Orion(thanks in no small part to Dman's video), which I'm sure I can figure out in a few weeks if I listen closer to Cliff's nuances and such.

Also I just figured out Damage INC a couple days ago, haha.
Igastopheles
Igastopheles

Back to top Go down

Post  Protoplm Wed May 06, 2009 10:34 pm

Igastopheles wrote:Still need to finish Anesthesia. I have maybe about half of it learned. And then I recently started trying Orion(thanks in no small part to Dman's video), which I'm sure I can figure out in a few weeks if I listen closer to Cliff's nuances and such.

Also I just figured out Damage INC a couple days ago, haha.

Pulling Teeth.. out of my skill level. Though, Orion is my favorite song to play, whenever I pick up my bass I jump into the galloping riff. I haven't tried any of the other Master of Puppets stuff besides the title track though.
Protoplm
Protoplm

Back to top Go down

Post  Faceslide Thu May 07, 2009 4:36 am

Finishing up Orion since I thought the little section Dman did on here was really fun to play but Im a little confused on what sections to use a pick on, if at all. I really do need to practice my picking method some more.
And She's Only 18, Scar Tissue RHCP.
Faceslide
Faceslide

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeLetterSyndrom Thu May 07, 2009 1:54 pm

I finished learning American Idiot by Green Day the other day. It's for school, and it's not all that hard, just needs work on timing. Before that, I tried a little Sweet Child o' Mine, but I just can't stand the song.
Ehh, let's see. I did some RHCP, mostly slap, but that was more just for the heck of it.

Faceslide, She's Only 18 is pretty tough on the timing aspect. Razz
Actually, I guess I'll try it. She's Only 18 it is, then Smile

ThreeLetterSyndrom
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  bassblood Sat May 09, 2009 5:35 am

Currently i'm working on Dazed and Confused by Led Zep. Mainly because my dad said I'd never be able to get a Zep song down so i have to prove him wrong, though he may be right since the solo part takes considerable finger strength and my pinky likes to cramp up on it.

bassblood

Back to top Go down

Post  lokki Sat May 09, 2009 12:03 pm

Doing a struggling attempt at Ace of Spades - Motorhead.

It's really hard when you can't use a pick. (long boring story)
lokki
lokki

Back to top Go down

Post  Faceslide Sat May 09, 2009 4:18 pm

It's really hard when you can't use a pick. (long boring story)
I feel ya there man, Im not very good with those contraptions either and those songs that require alot of speed on one string really kinda demand one.
Faceslide
Faceslide

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next