Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Propper fretting technique / hand and finger stretching

2 posters

Go down

Propper fretting technique / hand and finger stretching Empty Propper fretting technique / hand and finger stretching

Post  brk32 Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:48 am

I would just like to know if a lesson has ever been done on how to properly fret with your fret hand and what all finger / hand stretches you guys do.

For example should you really be able to play an octave with just two fingers (two strings down and two frets away?)

When say playing the first fret on the E string and the third fret on the E string is there ever any reason to cover those frets with only two fingers?
brk32
brk32

Back to top Go down

Propper fretting technique / hand and finger stretching Empty Re: Propper fretting technique / hand and finger stretching

Post  DavidM96 Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:43 pm

brk32 wrote:I would just like to know if a lesson has ever been done on how to properly fret with your fret hand and what all finger / hand stretches you guys do.

For example should you really be able to play an octave with just two fingers (two strings down and two frets away?)

When say playing the first fret on the E string and the third fret on the E string is there ever any reason to cover those frets with only two fingers?

The only reason i could think for using two fingers to hit two notes a whole step away from each other would be if you need your other two fingers to jump quickly so a note farther down on the fret board. Hope this helps. and i dont think there is a lesson about proper hand technique but ill take a look around.
DavidM96
DavidM96
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down