Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can someone tell me a few things about EPIPHONE EB-0 EB ?

5 posters

Go down

Can someone tell me a few things about EPIPHONE EB-0 EB ? Empty Can someone tell me a few things about EPIPHONE EB-0 EB ?

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:14 pm

Nocturnal_Pulse
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Can someone tell me a few things about EPIPHONE EB-0 EB ? Empty Re: Can someone tell me a few things about EPIPHONE EB-0 EB ?

Post  SuperMaximo93 Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:48 pm

It is the worst bass I have ever played. It feels terrible, the neck is way too small and generally rubbish. This is only my opinion though, some people love it. I would highly suggest trying before you buy
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Can someone tell me a few things about EPIPHONE EB-0 EB ? Empty Re: Can someone tell me a few things about EPIPHONE EB-0 EB ?

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:50 pm

SuperMaximo93 wrote:It is the worst bass I have ever played. It feels terrible, the neck is way too small and generally rubbish. This is only my opinion though, some people love it. I would highly suggest trying before you buy

Well I'm trying to get some opinions since I don't think I can review it myself Sad

I like it's style, and saw it's short scaled, maybe the long scale is better?
Nocturnal_Pulse
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:27 pm

If you like the style, then I'd suggest taking a look at ESP Viper basses. Much better than Epiphone IMO, the neck is a bit more substantial
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:05 pm

personally i would stay away from epiphone basses apart from the thunderbird
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Hmm okay then... I'll try the Viper series then....
and IF I come across Epiphone I will sit and tickle it a bit...
Nocturnal_Pulse
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Smaz Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:40 pm

I played the Gibson version a few months ago... Was ok, but the short scale put me off, and it was a bit tricky to play fingerstyle because of the position/size of the pickup, as I normally rest my thumb on it. Definatley one to try before you buy, if possible...

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:49 pm

Smaz wrote:I played the Gibson version a few months ago... Was ok, but the short scale put me off, and it was a bit tricky to play fingerstyle because of the position/size of the pickup, as I normally rest my thumb on it. Definatley one to try before you buy, if possible...

About the pickup, I was thinking about it last night.
+1 to Definately try before buy!
Nocturnal_Pulse
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Smaz Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:18 pm

For that price actually, it's worth a shot even just to try it out, it's not like you're spending loads on a high end bass you might not like.

Sound wise, it sounded 'nice', but there was no distinct sound to it. Although that was the Gibson version, I don't know how the Epiphone version would sound.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:22 pm

Smaz wrote:For that price actually, it's worth a shot even just to try it out, it's not like you're spending loads on a high end bass you might not like.

Sound wise, it sounded 'nice', but there was no distinct sound to it. Although that was the Gibson version, I don't know how the Epiphone version would sound.

So the Vipers are more worthwhile than this one?
Nocturnal_Pulse
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  lololiet Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:26 pm

Those EB's do look sexy though..
lololiet
lololiet
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:28 pm

lololiet wrote:Those EB's do look sexy though..

Indeed, and to be honest I started liking the guitar version before the bass but I am not a guitarist and I don't intent having an instrument that I won't play on my wall so I thought to give it a shot to the bass series. But the pickup problem is big indeed. I always play fingerstyle (well 90%) and it won't help me much dragging my hand to the pick to play... Sad
Nocturnal_Pulse
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:55 pm

I've played the lowest end Viper and quite liked it. The neck is quite thin like the EB-0 but not overly so and is nice and chunky, so it doesn't feel like a toy
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnal_Pulse Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:37 am

SuperMaximo93 wrote:I've played the lowest end Viper and quite liked it. The neck is quite thin like the EB-0 but not overly so and is nice and chunky, so it doesn't feel like a toy

Thanks maximo and smaz, you both been a great help. I'd go for Viper I suppose!
Nocturnal_Pulse
Nocturnal_Pulse
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum