Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yeaaaaaah =))

+3
maxf13
Pippynip
Samael77
7 posters

Go down

Yeaaaaaah =)) Empty Yeaaaaaah =))

Post  Samael77 Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:39 pm

Check this vid. Ryan Martinie- one of the best players for mee Very Happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rgCDfDxe1k

Samael77

Back to top Go down

Yeaaaaaah =)) Empty Re: Yeaaaaaah =))

Post  Pippynip Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:56 pm

Ah, Mudvayne, another band I respect yet dislike. Up there with Dream Theater and Muse. I dunno, I can tell they're all talented buggers but I just can't get into any of the music. confused
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:13 pm

im gonna have to agree with pippy on this one
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:13 pm

Just realised that the first sentence of my post makes me sound like an utter twat. Y'know, like I typed it with a smug grin and a monocle. Urgh.
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Samael77 Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:07 am

yes i think their music not speaks to all but only to a few people Twisted Evil

Samael77

Back to top Go down

Post  Cliff em' all Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:02 pm

Death blooms has probably one of the most beautiful choruses I've ever heard.Listen to it pip.
Cliff em' all
Cliff em' all
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:44 pm

The intro is horrible. Did one of their phones ring or something?

But the rest of it (well, I stopped listening just after the apparently beautiful chorus)... I can hear why people like it, I just don't like it myself.
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bass Mon Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:13 am

I partly agree with pip to. I can't get into muse at all but I love dream theater. I guess people can't get into DT because of their odd time sigs.

Bass Mon

Back to top Go down

Post  lololiet Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:48 pm

Bass Mon wrote:I partly agree with pip to. I can't get into muse at all but I love dream theater. I guess people can't get into DT because of their odd time sigs.

It's def not the time signatures that put people off, I do like DT but the critique I've heard about them ( and I partly agree) is that though they are technically as near to perfection as you're gonna get, on technique easily one of the best bands in the world, they miss emotion, I've heard people say that some of DT's work is more a showcase of their ability as it is actual music. I do like them though and I also quite like Muse, I'm not really a fan of Mudvayne though.
lololiet
lololiet
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bass Mon Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:04 pm

Well the people I know who dislike DT say that they can't feel any groove. I personally disagree with the lack of emotion I guess it depends on the song. I find pertucci's solo work is filled with emotion.

Bass Mon

Back to top Go down

Post  MetalJacob Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:59 pm

Bass Mon wrote:Well the people I know who dislike DT say that they can't feel any groove. I personally disagree with the lack of emotion I guess it depends on the song. I find pertucci's solo work is filled with emotion.

Everyone that says they don't like DT, they say it's because they lack emotion and pesky metal aspects.I however disagree and was honestly impressed when I first started listening to them,by how much emotion was in their music and I enjoyed that they seemed different to me.

All music is emotional though.
MetalJacob
MetalJacob

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:09 am

I think I don't like DT just because I can't really connect with them in any way. Their music doesn't speak to me. I couldn't care less that they don't know whether it's fight or flight.

I reckon that's the case for everyone who doesn't like a certain band's music. Some people hear the likes My Chemical Romance and connect with whatever emotions they're expressing in their music (probably sadness at having to behave like a normal human being, I don't know, I can't connect with it), I just hear a bunch of whiny bitches. Some people hear the likes of Nas and just hear an angry black man, I hear discontent with a morally corrupt society. To each their own, I suppose.
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum