Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Bass Guitar Player

+2
Davo 112233
kidkash21
6 posters

Go down

New Bass Guitar Player Empty New Bass Guitar Player

Post  kidkash21 Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:08 am

Hello,
I have found new interest in playing the bass guitar
and I was wondering what brand guitar I should get,
If it makes a difference.

kidkash21

Back to top Go down

New Bass Guitar Player Empty Re: New Bass Guitar Player

Post  Davo 112233 Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:18 am

Hi

You cannot go wrong with an Ibanez SR300, well recomended, has a thin neck up by the nut and is good to play
Davo 112233
Davo 112233

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:28 am

You should get whatever brand you like best Smile Go to a guitar shop, try a load out, and get the one that really speaks to you. But good brands to look out for for a beginner would be Squier, Ibanez, and possibly Epiphone if the basses they do are your sorta thing (personally I hate Epiphones Razz)
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  danthewelshy Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:42 pm

As Dmanlmaius recommends in his video "What bass should a beginner get" (I don't have the link at hand atm, search for it on youtube though) I would go for some cheap bass with a crappy little amp/lead etc and play that for a few months. You will then see whether bass is the path you want to continue on. If so great and you can look into some better basses, Ibanez are probably the best at the next step up from beginner possibly along with the new squire range. If you decide its not for you then you wont have lost to much money.
danthewelshy
danthewelshy

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:46 pm

yeah that is definatly to be recommended
my first bass was a piece of plywood with a neck on it
good enough to get started on though
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  MetalJacob Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:39 pm

Just in addition to the question the OP asking, assuming kidkash doesn't mind, what makes one bass "better" than another?I know sound quality,and the structure of the bass matter but when it comes to the decent brands like Ibanez and Fender, why is one better than the other?

I've been thinking about getting a Fender Jazz Bass for my next actual decent quality bass,I haven't been to Guitar Center to play with different ones and try em out yet though.But watching Dman's video on it,he makes an Ibanez sound so great!
MetalJacob
MetalJacob

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:30 pm

MetalJacob wrote:Just in addition to the question the OP asking, assuming kidkash doesn't mind, what makes one bass "better" than another?I know sound quality,and the structure of the bass matter but when it comes to the decent brands like Ibanez and Fender, why is one better than the other?!
No bass is better than any other bass. It's all personal opinion, some people may think that the cheapest plank is the best thing they've ever played, and some people won't settle for less than a £5642476236 custom instrument. There's no best bass. But there is a best bass for YOU. You just need to find it Razz
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:53 pm

yeah

There are differences in build quality, so in that way some brands MAY be better than others. I dont know any examples but im sure there are some companies that have better build quality than others.
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum