Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW AMP!!!!!!!! (Pictures included)

5 posters

Go down

NEW AMP!!!!!!!! (Pictures included) Empty NEW AMP!!!!!!!! (Pictures included)

Post  DavidM96 Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:03 pm

Hey guys i went out today and got a bigger badder (as in better) amp then before. I got myself a Yamaha VX55B. Its rated at 75 watts but id say its somewhere between 80 and 100 considering its size.

PIC

NEW AMP!!!!!!!! (Pictures included) PICT0445

sorry about bad quality

Last edited by DavidM96 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
DavidM96
DavidM96
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

NEW AMP!!!!!!!! (Pictures included) Empty Re: NEW AMP!!!!!!!! (Pictures included)

Post  Bass Mon Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:14 am

Never played through a yamaha amp but all my basses are yamaha's. Does it sound good? I'm also looking for a new amp.

Bass Mon

Back to top Go down

NEW AMP!!!!!!!! (Pictures included) Empty Re: NEW AMP!!!!!!!! (Pictures included)

Post  Drakon7 Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:43 am

DavidM96 wrote:Hey guys i went out today and got a bigger badder (as in better) amp then before. I got myself a Yamaha VX55B. Its rated at 75 watts but id say its somewhere between 80 and 100 considering its size.

Size doesn't matter ;D
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:44 am

Nice! Hope you enjoy it!

(I just got a new amp too Razz)
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:03 am

ooh what did u get smax?
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:39 am

Wink Will post about it later today (when I have pics, vids, etc.)
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidM96 Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:25 pm

Drakon7 wrote:
DavidM96 wrote:Hey guys i went out today and got a bigger badder (as in better) amp then before. I got myself a Yamaha VX55B. Its rated at 75 watts but id say its somewhere between 80 and 100 considering its size.

Size doesn't matter ;D

Thats what i thought, the guy at the store thought differently. Plus i can blow to roof of at 5, i keep it at 1 which is still kinda loud. (the other reason i think its more watts)

and the real challenge was getting it up my stairs Very Happy
DavidM96
DavidM96
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  maxf13 Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:06 pm

watts arent a relieable way to measure loudness
if the speakers have less resistance or are larger, the amp will sound significantly louder
a 20 watt amp with good speakers can be as loud as a 80 watt amp with shite speakers
maxf13
maxf13

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:17 pm

Also depends on the cabinet design. Rubbish speakers with good cab could be as loud as good speakers with rubbish cab... Everything about the amp needs to be at its best to get the most out of it
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidM96 Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:10 pm

ok then, with that said, all i know is the guy at the store used some device that gave him the wattage number (75) and he said its probably more than that.
DavidM96
DavidM96
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum