Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relative Newbie

2 posters

Go down

Relative Newbie Empty Relative Newbie

Post  spoony Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:08 pm

Hi All,

This question may be better suited to the Tab Forum (i have posted on there). I am trying to get to grips with playing the bass section (solo) in the midde of "Are you Gonna Go My Way" by Lenny Kravitz. I have found some tabs on the internet but none seem to help - when i play the solo section it just doesn't sound right. Any tips on playing this would be really helpful. I am new to playing bass.

I realise this should be straightforward - ie listen to song, get tabs, play song! However i just can't get the playin bit right!

Thanks

spoony

Back to top Go down

Relative Newbie Empty Re: Relative Newbie

Post  willba Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:19 pm

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/l/lenny_kravitz/are_you_gonna_go_my_way_btab.htm

This tab seems pretty solid, dunno if you've tried it. Usually if I learn a song that doesnt quite sound right I just keep listening to it and add/remove any bits that sound wrong/right.

Also make sure your bass is in tune Razz
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Relative Newbie Empty Thanks

Post  spoony Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:26 pm

Thanks for quick reponse dude,

That looks like it might be worth a go...looks different to what i have been using. Will have a try and see what happens.

Will let you know how i got on hopefully.

Cheers

spoony

Back to top Go down

Post  willba Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:39 pm

Yeah, just dont feel you have to follow the tab rigidly. Play whatever sounds best, theres a good chance there are at least some mistakes in someones attempt at tabbing a song.
willba
willba
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum