Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 String Bass

3 posters

Go down

6 String Bass Empty 6 String Bass

Post  Pastichio Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:23 am

Alright so I'm thinking of getting a 6 string bass, purely for mucking about with, I probably wont use in my band or anything like that its just for fun. Now I know some out there don't even think a bass should have 5 strings let alone 6, but I'm sure a good few of you have had experience with them. I'm just wondering how people have found playing them, do people tune them like guitars or play in standard BEADGC? I've been looking into getting this fairly cheap bass
http://www.thomann.de/ie/harley_benton_hbb600tbk_6string_ebass.htm, I've read a few reviews on it and they are positive.
Pastichio
Pastichio
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

6 String Bass Empty Re: 6 String Bass

Post  Drakon7 Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:04 pm

Pastichio wrote:Alright so I'm thinking of getting a 6 string bass, purely for mucking about with, I probably wont use in my band or anything like that its just for fun. Now I know some out there don't even think a bass should have 5 strings let alone 6, but I'm sure a good few of you have had experience with them. I'm just wondering how people have found playing them, do people tune them like guitars or play in standard BEADGC? I've been looking into getting this fairly cheap bass
http://www.thomann.de/ie/harley_benton_hbb600tbk_6string_ebass.htm, I've read a few reviews on it and they are positive.

My Ibanez SR506 is the most amazing instrument ever created. Whilst intimdating at first, a 6 string is easily picked up. You can tune it any way you want I guess, standard is BEADGC, but I often play in AEADGC/ADADGC cause Im a tool like that. I didnt even look at the bass, tbh, I just say go for it. Ill check that bass when I can to make sure it isnt too detriment
Drakon7
Drakon7

Back to top Go down

Post  lololiet Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:13 pm

I have to say, that bass does look good, I don't think you can really expect high-end performance for that kind of money, but if you want a 6-string for "by the side" it's probably better to spend that then to spend a multitude of that on something you won't use that often anyways.
lololiet
lololiet
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum