Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TC Electronics amps

5 posters

Go down

TC Electronics amps Empty TC Electronics amps

Post  Proletarian Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:32 am

Have any of you forum-goers had experience with the TC Electronics amplifiers, cabs, or combos? A classmate is purchasing one in the near future and it got me interested in their setups. My old Vox amp went out and all I own is a 30 dollar Fender Rumble 15 practice amp, which I currently line out the headphone jack to the sound system the band I play with uses, so I am in a bit of a need for a real amp.
Also, having no experience outside of combos, I do not know if a head/cab setup would be more beneficial for expansion and such. My budget is currently 500-1000ish for a setup of any kind, so I guess I could pick one of many choices in this range.

Proletarian

Back to top Go down

TC Electronics amps Empty Re: TC Electronics amps

Post  Davo 112233 Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:37 am

Fender rumble 250 watt, should meet your budget, plenty of punch for the low down dirty bass
Davo 112233
Davo 112233

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMaximo93 Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:03 am

TC Electronic amps are absolutely excellent. Seriously. I would probably have one of their heads if they weren't so expensive. What currency is your budget?

The best value TC amp is the BG500 combo, I would also probably have one of these too if having a combo was more practical for me (which it isn't). TC gear makes it so easy to get the tones in your head and you could spend hours finding awesome sounds with all the stuff on the front panel. It's so fun to use Smile Not sure how else to describe it.

Also another brand worth looking into is Markbass (yeah it can be a pricey brand, but then again so is TC!). I've got a Little Mark II head (which has been discontinued. Take a look at the LMIII) and it's really good for clean tones that really bring out what your bass sounds like rather than colouring it (just one note: the TC does colour your basses tone a bit due to its tube amp simulation which is one of it's biggest features). It's also smaller, lighter and cheaper than the TC head. It isn't quite as flexible as the TC but you have to decide weather you'll really need all the features the TC has (I sure don't!).

Always make sure you try before you buy.

Hope this helps!
SuperMaximo93
SuperMaximo93

Back to top Go down

Post  Proletarian Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:50 pm

Thanks for the response! To clarify, my price range was in USD since it slipped my mind to mention. I am waiting for my tax refund before I get serious about anything, so I hope the friend gets his TC in so I can try it. The BG500 was the one I had in mind with the 2x10 configuration, but I wasn't going to cut out the idea of the BH450s. I hate living in a rural area, the only music shops nearby do not carry bass amps except for Guitar Center, and the one near me only has Acoustic, Gallien-Krueger, a few Fender, and one small Mark Bass combo plus the usual used stuff. I will have to try the Rumble 250 next time I stop by. One other idea I have been tossing around is to buy a decent cabinet used from GC or somewhere similar and have more to spend on a good head, like the higher end TC ones.
Any other suggestions are welcome!

Proletarian

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:42 pm

Welcome to the forums, by the way. Hope you stick around Smile
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy_D Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:24 pm

Proletarian wrote:Have any of you forum-goers had experience with the TC Electronics amplifiers, cabs, or combos? A classmate is purchasing one in the near future and it got me interested in their setups. My old Vox amp went out and all I own is a 30 dollar Fender Rumble 15 practice amp, which I currently line out the headphone jack to the sound system the band I play with uses, so I am in a bit of a need for a real amp.
Also, having no experience outside of combos, I do not know if a head/cab setup would be more beneficial for expansion and such. My budget is currently 500-1000ish for a setup of any kind, so I guess I could pick one of many choices in this range.

I have a TC BH500 "Red Rocks" Picked it up from M123 for $350 USD. The price was right, and so far I'm very happy with it. I've got the TC Sound at a bargain price. Only thing is it's heavier than the 450. I currently play it through a carvin BRX 2.10. Sounds Great, I'm very satisfied for now.

Andy_D

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down