Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bass tabs needed urgently for "Cartoon Moon"

2 posters

Go down

Bass tabs needed urgently for "Cartoon Moon" Empty Bass tabs needed urgently for "Cartoon Moon"

Post  MoonDoggie93 Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:35 am

Does anybody have bass tabs for the song "Cartoon Moon" by Heavy Stereo? I'm going to be playing it with my band our next show and all I have been able to find is one guitar tab.
Would someone mind tabbing it out for me?
Here is a link to the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v71OGxpdetg

MoonDoggie93

Back to top Go down

Bass tabs needed urgently for "Cartoon Moon" Empty Re: Bass tabs needed urgently for "Cartoon Moon"

Post  Pippynip Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:34 pm

Mostly throughout the song it appears to be

G---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-----
E----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got that from this... http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/h/heavy_stereo/cartoon_moon_crd.htm Sometimes using the chords as a guideline can help you learn a song by ear if tabs aren't available. I'll have a stab at tabbing the chorus and the little fill that's played a couple of times in a couple of hours if you like Smile

An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced.
Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Bass tabs needed urgently for "Cartoon Moon" Empty Re: Bass tabs needed urgently for "Cartoon Moon"

Post  Pippynip Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:32 pm

K...

Intro starts with the open A, moves up to the fifth fret (or open D) at the beginning of the next bar, then the open A is played a bit more. Building up to the next bit.

Then it's just that bit I tabbed up there for a while.

Then just before the chorus the bass doubles up the guitar, which I think goes a little like...

G--6-4-4-2-2----------
D---------------4-4-0--
A------------------------
E------------------------

Then it's the chorus... I don't know if it's exactly like this but it sounds alright

G-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D--4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4---------------------------------------------------------------
A-----------------------4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2------------------------
E-----------------------------------------------------------------2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-

G---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D--4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4--------------------------------------------------------------------------
A----------------------4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-2---------5--------5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5----
E-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No idea about the outro, sorry... the main bit is played again a few times, but after that I've no clue. You'll have to make up your own or something. Hope the gig goes well Very Happy

Edit: That fill up there does sound a little better played like...

G--4h6-4-2h4-2-----------------
D------------------4h7-4-0h4-0--
A-----------------------------------
E------------------------------------

Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  MoonDoggie93 Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:51 pm

Pippynip wrote:K...

Intro starts with the open A, moves up to the fifth fret (or open D) at the beginning of the next bar, then the open A is played a bit more. Building up to the next bit.

Then it's just that bit I tabbed up there for a while.

Then just before the chorus the bass doubles up the guitar, which I think goes a little like...

G--6-4-4-2-2----------
D---------------4-4-0--
A------------------------
E------------------------

Then it's the chorus... I don't know if it's exactly like this but it sounds alright

G-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D--4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4---------------------------------------------------------------
A-----------------------4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2------------------------
E-----------------------------------------------------------------2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-

G---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D--4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4--------------------------------------------------------------------------
A----------------------4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-2---------5--------5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5----
E-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No idea about the outro, sorry... the main bit is played again a few times, but after that I've no clue. You'll have to make up your own or something. Hope the gig goes well Very Happy

Edit: That fill up there does sound a little better played like...

G--4h6-4-2h4-2-----------------
D------------------4h7-4-0h4-0--
A-----------------------------------
E------------------------------------

Thanks a lot man. I was going to try and make the tab from a guitar tab if nobody responded. Thanks again!

MoonDoggie93

Back to top Go down

Post  Pippynip Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:37 am

S'all kool, s'all kool Very Happy

Pippynip
Pippynip
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum