Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrists

2 posters

Go down

Wrists Empty Wrists

Post  atticus108 Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:44 am

My wrists, especially my left one, hurt after I play the bass for awhile. I've played guitar for awhile, but just started the bass. So I am not sure if it is just my wrists adjusting to the differences of playing the bass or if its a problem developing.
atticus108
atticus108

Back to top Go down

Wrists Empty Re: Wrists

Post  ThreeLetterSyndrom Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:00 am

If it hurts, it's probably a problem developing.

See if warming up your wrists with wrist circling and some stretching alleviates the pain. If not, you'll have to lay off the bass for a week at least. After that you can ease back in, but don't go playing for hours and ALWAYS warm up your wrists beforehand.

ThreeLetterSyndrom
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Wrists Empty re:

Post  atticus108 Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Ok thanks, I've been doing the finger stretches but I have not really done any wrist stretches ever...in my entire life.
atticus108
atticus108

Back to top Go down

Post  ThreeLetterSyndrom Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:51 pm

Finger stretches can function as wrist stretches as well since the muscles you're actually stretching are located in the forearm. Here's a vid of a really great wrist warmup. It takes a few minutes, but it's excellent prehab. It's also used in carpal tunnel syndrome rehab. Wink

ThreeLetterSyndrom
A resident.
A resident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum