Free Bass guitar lessons

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Bass guitar lessons
Free Bass guitar lessons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orange Amps

3 posters

Go down

Orange Amps Empty Orange Amps

Post  mrs potter Tue May 01, 2012 10:04 am

After a jam session in our local, I decided that i needed a new 'travelling amp' as I will not be able to afford the physio bills if I try and carry my existing one - a carlsbro cobra - old but beautiful - around
So popped off to Music Bay in Kent and was seduced by the new orange - is it the future - CR50 BXT
So far so good, needed to play around with the knobbly bits for a while to get what I wanted but for the money a very tight, well made, carryable and pleasant sounding bit of kit. Very impressed and for me thats saying a lot!
Ooh ooh and its made in Britain so hurrah!
mrs potter
mrs potter

Back to top Go down

Orange Amps Empty Re: Orange Amps

Post  JSL Tue May 01, 2012 10:50 am

Hi,

Ive got one of those! Smile

I started out by being seduced by the 100w version (Next size up) but that didn't have the headphone out for silent playing. And it was too loud to play in my flat! Turn up the volume gradually... nothing... nothing... nothing... LOUD!! Smile

So I swapped the 100w for the 50w and I am very pleased! Plus its smaller so easier to cart about.

I have to point out that Im no Pro though! Im new to the game and have heard people comment that an Orange sounds like an Orange, and is therefore limited to genres of music? But as Im playing rock I think its fine and as yet I haven't learnt what makes it sound 'Orange'.

This post has probably been no help at all! Hahaha

Cheers,

J
JSL
JSL

Back to top Go down

Orange Amps Empty good to know about the 100w

Post  mrs potter Tue May 01, 2012 11:13 am

thanks for that I nearly went for the 100w - I too am no pro but needed a more back friendly amp and this seems to do the job plus you get stickers!!
mrs potter
mrs potter

Back to top Go down

Post  JSL Tue May 01, 2012 11:34 am

Damit!!!! I didn't get stickers!! Sad

Reckon you have made a good choice though. For me it was between that and an Ampeg.

J
JSL
JSL

Back to top Go down

Post  Stryfer Tue May 01, 2012 12:31 pm

Orange is good, Ampeg is also good. Personally I prefer Ampeg amps over Orange, though I haven't been able to try more than one model of each.

If you like the sound, get it - it's that simple. Before you decide, however, I suggest you try a few other brands around the same 50W category. If you already love the sound of the Orange, you probably won't go for any other, but at least you'll be able to say "hey, I browsed a bit" Smile

Stryfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down